|Eric Haze Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Year of Birth||1961|
Eric Haze is an American artist, graphic designer, and art director who has presented solo exhibitions across the world including in cities including New York, Los Angeles, Hong Kong, Paris and Tokyo.
Eric Haze was born in the year 1961.
Upper West Side, Manhattan, New York City, New York, United States
Clinton Hill, Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States
Eric had graduated, in 1985, with honors, from the School of Visual Arts New York City (SVA NYC), a for-profit art and design college in Manhattan, New York, with a degree in graphic design.
Artist, Graphic Designer, Art Director
- Siblings – He has a younger sister.
- Others – Carmen Serrano (Sister-in-Law), Ismael Serrano (Father-in-Law) (Merchant Marine Seaman), Lydia Pérez (née Fontañez y Reyes) (Mother-in-Law), Ana Dominga Otero Serrano (Aunt-in-Law)
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
77 kg or 170 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Eric has dated –
- Rosie Perez (2012-Present) – Eric had started dating actress, choreographer, and community activist Rosie Perez in 2012. They had decided to get married while they were attending the Floyd Mayweather vs. Saúl Álvarez boxing match in Las Vegas. The pair had spent that night at the MGM Grand hotel-casino and they got married the following morning, on September 14, 2013, in a ceremony in Las Vegas.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of American descent.
- Mildly stocky frame
- Round-ish face
- Affable smile
- Clean-shaven look
Eric Haze Facts
- Eric had first developed an interest in visual arts as a 10-year-old when a friend of his father, who used to own a pop art collection, had helped him meet renowned abstract expressionist and figurative expressionist painter Elaine de Kooning. Elaine had painted a portrait of Eric and his younger sister and had also given a set of oil paints.
- Just about a year later, he had started writing graffiti all across New York City. In 1974, in his early teens, he had exhibited his paintings and drawings publicly for the first time. He had later joined a New York City collective known as The Soul Artists through which he had become one of the pioneers who brought graffiti into the mainstream consciousness.
- He was the first graffiti artist to brand his tag as a logo and had created one of the first street wear clothing companies in the hip hop era.
- He was featured in the 1983 documentary Style Wars, a highly acclaimed film on hip hop culture, graffiti, bboying, and rapping. Many outtakes from that film had been later housed at the Academy Film Archive.
- In 1986, he had set up a design studio through which he used to created logos, album covers, and identity design, especially for musical groups and record labels.
- In 1991, he had shifted his design studio to Los Angeles. There, he had founded an eponymous clothing and accessory brand, HAZE. By the mid-2000s, the brand had expanded out of the United States and had launched 3 stand alone flagship stores in Tokyo. In 2005, he had returned to New York City and had set up a new studio in Williamsburg, Brooklyn.
Featured Image by Eric Haze / Instagram