|Erika Henningsen Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||August 13, 1992|
Erika Henningsen is an American actor, stage artist, and singer who is best known for originating the role of Cady Heron in the 2018 Tony-nominated musical Mean Girls. Recognized for her work on Broadway, Henningsen has also appeared in shows and movies such as The Today Show, Wide Awake, Bad Girls, Girls5eva, Late Night with Seth Meyers, and Interface.
Erika Leigh Henningsen
Moraga, Contra Costa County, California, United States
Erika Henningsen studied at Campolindo High School and graduated in 2010. After that, she got enrolled at the University of Michigan and received a BFA in musical theatre in 2014.
Moreover, she also studied at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art in London through the NYU London program during her undergraduate years. She also won the 2014 Alan Eisenberg Award Scholarship, an award given to a University of Michigan graduating senior in recognition of “outstanding talent and career potential” in musical theatre.
Actor, Stage Artist, Singer
- Father – Phil Henningsen
- Mother – Marybeth Henningsen
- Siblings – Erika has 2 older sisters.
Erika Henningsen has been signed with Stewart Talent, Talent Agency, United States.
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Erika Henningsen has dated –
- Kyle Selig (2017-Present) – In 2017, she started dating actor, dancer, and singer Kyle Selig. They have co-starred in the musical Mean Girls. On July 1, 2021, they announced their engagement.
Race / Ethnicity
Erika Henningsen Facts
- Erika uses she/her pronouns.
- She grew up in Moraga, California, and is the youngest of 3 sisters.
- Erika was quite young when her parents recognized her passion for “talking and being in front of people” and Erika started her theatre pursuits.
- She was 7 years old when she read the poem The Turkey Shot out of the Oven and the audience’s positive response to her performance gave a boost to her passion.
- She was cast in a local production of Grey Gardens at the age of 14 and she has stated in several interviews that it was after performing in this production that she knew she wanted to pursue musical theatre as a career.
- For her performance in Mean Girls, Erika Henningsen won the Broadway.com Audience Award for “Favorite Breakthrough Performance (Female)” and was also nominated for Outer Critics Circle Award for “Outstanding Leading Actress in a Musical” in 2018.
- Her theatre credits also include Les Misérables, Carousel, Flying Over Sunset, Mamma Mia!, Showboat, Diner, South Pacific, and Dear World.
- Erika Henningsen has also served as a mentor and held masterclasses for various programs and organizations such as The Performing Arts Project, Broadway Method Academy, Broadway Workshop, Exit II Theater, and The Broadway Collective.
- In 2021, she started appearing as young Gloria McManus, the self-proclaimed always working one of Girls5eva, in the musical comedy series titled Girls5eva. It stars Sara Bareilles, Busy Philipps, Paula Pell, and Renée Elise Goldsberry.
- Erika has been the brand ambassador for the non-profit organization called She’s the First.
- She has been actively involved with Sing For Hope, a NYC-based non-profit organization dedicated to creating access to high-quality arts education and programming throughout New York City.
Featured Image by Erika Henningsen / Instagram