|Esther Povitsky Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||March 2, 1988|
Esther Povitsky is an American comedian, writer, actor, and producer who co-created and starred in the comedy series Alone Together. She is also known for playing Izzy in the comedy series Dollface, Maya in the romantic musical comedy-drama series Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, Jenny in the web series The Amazing Gayl Pile, and Alexis in the romantic comedy series Love. Moreover, Esther has also been a part of other shows and movies including iCarly, Not Safe with Nikki Glaser, New Girl, Brody Stevens: Enjoy It!, Parks and Recreation, Key and Peele, @midnight, Workaholics, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, The Story of our Times, Daddy Knows Best, Hope and Randy, Difficult People, Dude, All in All, and Mark, Mary & Some Other People. On July 17, 2020, her debut comedy special, Hot for My Name, premiered on Comedy Central.
Esther Lauren Povitsky
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Esther Povitsky studied at Niles North High School, from where she graduated in 2006. Then, she attended the University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign for 3 years but eventually dropped out to pursue a career in stand-up comedy and acting.
She once said, “I was really unhappy at my school,” adding, “A lot of people were in sororities and a lot of people drank all the time, and I wasn’t into either of those things, so I really did not feel like I fit in.”
She studied comedy at iO Chicago and The Second City in Chicago as well as took classes with The Groundlings in Los Angeles, California.
Comedian, Writer, Actor, Producer
- Father – Morrie Povitsky
- Mother – Mary Povitsky
- Siblings – Esther has one older half-sister from her mother’s first marriage.
- Others – Abe Povitsky (Paternal Grandfather), Esther Klein (Paternal Grandmother), James Robert Houchins (Maternal Grandfather), Marlene Jeanette Samuelson (Maternal Grandmother)
5 ft or 152.5 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Esther Povitsky has dated –
- Benji Aflalo – It was RUMORed that she had a fling with screenwriter Benji Aflalo in the past.
Race / Ethnicity
Esther Povitsky is of Ashkenazi Jewish descent on her father’s side and has Finnish ancestry on her mother’s side.
She has often dyed her hair.
- Short stature
- Pouty lips
- Often plays socially awkward, high energy characters
Esther Povitsky Facts
- She spent her childhood years growing up in the Chicago suburb of Skokie.
- In 2010, Esther Povitsky became the first female guest on The Joe Rogan Experience podcast.
- She played the recurring role of Maya, an administrative assistant at Whitefeather & Associates who is openly bis*xual and forms an alliance with Darryl, in the romantic musical comedy-drama television series Crazy Ex-Girlfriend from 2016 to 2019.
- Esther Povitsky was cast as Alicia in the 2018 coming-of-age comedy-drama film Dude, starring Lucy Hale, Kathryn Prescott, Alexandra Shipp, Awkwafina, Austin Butler, and Michaela Watkins.
- In 2019, she started appearing as Izzy Levine, one of Jules’ co-workers at Woöm who becomes friends with her, in the comedy series Dollface. Esther co-starred in the show alongside Kat Dennings, Brenda Song, and Shay Mitchell.
- She once declined an offer for an MTV reality series revolving around her life as a comedian because she felt it would be too invasive.
- She has performed regularly at The Comedy Store, The Ice House, and The Improv in Los Angeles.
Featured Image by Esther Povitsky / Instagram