|Faf du Plessis Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||July 13, 1984|
Faf du Plessis is a well-distinguished South African international cricketer who is known for his skill to build an innings. The right-handed middle-order batsman and Right-arm leg-break bowler also continued to serve as the captain of the South African national cricket team for the ODI and Test match formats as of 2019. Also, he has a huge fan base with more than 1.5 million followers on Instagram, more than 2 million followers on Twitter, and more than 100k followers on Facebook.
Francois du Plessis
The Marathon Man
Pretoria, Transvaal Province, South Africa
Cape Town, South Africa
Du Plessis studied at the Afrikaanse Hoër Seunskool (Also known as Affies), Pretoria. Later, he went to enroll at the University of Pretoria to get a degree in sports science. But, he decided against going there.
- Father – Francois Du Plessis (Former Rugby Player)
- Siblings – Rhemi du Plessis (Sister)
- Others – Marcel du Plessis (Second Cousin) (Rugby Player)
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
79 kg or 174 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Du Plessis has dated –
- Imari Visser (2013-Present) – They have a daughter named Amelie du Plessis (b. 2017).
Race / Ethnicity
- Tall physique
- Sports a slick back undercut fade hairstyle
Through his social media, Du Plessis has either endorsed or promoted various brands such as Puma, Nimue Skin International, H2coco Coconut Water, Panerai, and pHformula.
Faf du Plessis Facts
- In the ’80s his father Francois played rugby for the “Northern Transvaal” for their center position.
- Du Plessis, AB de Villiers, Heino Kuhn, and Jacques Rudolph studied at the same school. Later, he wanted to follow his friend AB de Villiers into joining university but back out on the very same day that he had gone to fill in the registration form due to the long queue.
- In 2010, he was featured in a music video titled “Maak Jou Drome Waar”, which was a collab between AB de Villiers and singer Ampie du Preez.
- Faf’s sister Rhemi is married to Hardus Viljoen.
- Du Plessis has stirred quite the controversy in the past and has been found guilty for ball-tampering twice. The first of which he pleaded guilty after being caught rubbing the ball on the zip of his trouser during “The Oval Test Match” against Pakistan in 2013.
- He is recognized as the first player to have ever scored a century as a captain in an innings during a day/night Test.
- In 2018, he became the first South African player to have scored centuries in all international formats.
- After his best friend and former captain, AB de Villiers stepped down from his position as the captain due to surgery, Du Plessis took over the captaincy of all three formats on August 24, 2017.
- During the Cricket South Africa’s annual award ceremony, he was titled the “Men’s Cricketer of the Year” in August 2019.
- He has 3 dogs named Harvey, Georgio, and Bella.
Featured Image By Faf du Plessis / Instagram