|Fernando Alonso Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||July 29, 1981|
Fernando Alonso is a Spanish professional racing driver who won the Formula One World Championship in 2005 and 2006, the FIA (Fédération Internationale de l’Automobile) World Endurance Championship in the 2018–19 season, the prestigious 24 Hours of Le Mans endurance race in 2018 and 2019, and the 24 Hours of Daytona endurance race in 2019. Owing to his mastery of such varied racing codes, he is considered as one of the most versatile and successful drivers in motorsport history. Fernando won the coveted ‘Lorenzo Bandini Trophy’ in 2005 and has been inducted into the ‘FIA Hall of Fame’ twice, in 2017 for being a Formula One World Champion and in 2019 for being an FIA World Endurance Champion. He has also served as a ‘UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador’.
Fernando Alonso Díaz
Teflonso, Magic Alonso, El Nano, Nandito, Ferro
Oviedo, Asturias, Spain
He splits his time between Oviedo, Asturias, Spain and Mont-sur-Rolle, Switzerland.
Fernando studied at the Holy Guardian Angel Primary School in Oviedo from 1985 to 1995. He then joined the Institute Leopoldo Alas Clarín of San Lazaro until his racing commitments caused him to leave in 2000.
Professional Racing Driver
- Father – José Luis Alonso (Explosives Factory Mechanic, Amateur Kart Driver)
- Mother – Ana Díaz (Departmental Store Employee)
- Siblings – Lorena Alonso Díaz (Older Sister) (Doctor)
- Others – María Luisa Martínez López (Maternal Grandmother)
- 14 (Formula One)
- 8 (FIA World Endurance Championship)
Formula One Teams
Fernando has raced for –
- European Minardi F1 Team (2001)
- Mild Seven Renault F1 Team (2002-2006)
- Vodafone McLaren Mercedes (2007)
- ING Renault F1 Team (2008-2009)
- Scuderia Ferrari (2010-2014)
- McLaren Honda (2015-2017)
- McLaren F1 Team (2018)
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Fernando has dated –
- Rebeca (1999-2004)
- Carolina Costa (2004-2005)
- Fliss Jaine (2005) – Rumor
- Jenny Kessler (2005)
- Raquel del Rosario (2005-2011) – Fernando began dating Spanish pop singer Raquel del Rosario in 2005. The couple got married in November 2006 and were separated in December 2011.
- Xenia Tchoumitcheva (2011) – Rumor
- Dasha Kapustina (2012-2014)
- Lara Álvarez (2014-2016)
- Viktoria Odintcova (2016) – Rumor
- Linda Morselli (2016-Present)
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Spanish descent.
- Toned physique
- Tousled hair
- Sports a rugged beard
- Affable smile
- Has a ‘Samurai’ tattoo on his back
Fernando has endorsed brands such as –
- Banco Santander
- TAG Heuer
Fernando Alonso Facts
- In 2005, Fernando became the first Spaniard to ever win the Formula One World Championship. The following year, he became the youngest driver to win 2 Formula One titles.
- He also won the Race of Champions Nations Cup in 2001 for Team Spain with rally driver Jesús Puras and motorcyclist Rubén Xaus.
- In 2014, after a new FIA regulation, he chose the number 14 for his car as he had won the ‘World Karting Championship’ on July 14, 1996, at the age of 14.
- In 2019, he became the first driver to be inducted into the ‘FIA Hall of Fame’ twice.
- He is fluent in Spanish, English, French and, Italian.
Featured Image by Fernando Alonso / Instagram