|Frances Conroy Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||March 15, 1953|
Frances Conroy is an American actress who shot to fame after playing the recurring role of Ruth Fisher in the TV series Six Feet Under (2001–2005), that earned her a Golden Globe and the Screen Actors Guild Awards. She gained further popularity by appearing in several other TV programs like the anthology series American Horror Story: Apocalypse (2018) in the 1st season of which she played the older version of Moira O’Hara, that fetched her a Saturn Award for “Best Supporting Actress on Television” nomination as well as a Primetime Emmy Award nomination for “Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Miniseries or a Movie”. She has also starred in numerous films such as Scent of a Woman (1992) and The Tale (2018).
Frances Hardman Conroy
Monroe, Georgia, United States
She went to Ward Melville High School. During the 1971–72 school year, she used to attend Dickinson College in Carlisle in Pennsylvania, where she was a member of the Mermaid Players and performed in college theatrical productions. After that, she relocated to New York City in order to study Drama at the Neighborhood Playhouse School of the Theatre and the Juilliard School.
- Father – Vincent Paul Conroy (Business executive)
- Mother – Ossie Hardman née Ray (Worked in business)
She is represented by –
- Danis, Panaro & Nist
- Paradigm Talent Agency
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Jonathan Furst – She married Jonathan Furst in 1980. They got divorced later.
- Jan Munroe (1992-Present) – She tied the knot with Jan Munroe in April 1992.
Race / Ethnicity
- Sharp features
- Shapely lips
Frances Conroy Favorite Things
- Film She Performed In, Whose Storyline She Loved – 6 Souls, as it dealt with faith and went into religious dimensions that took it beyond being just a scary film
- Her Take On Horror Movies – Has found them too frightening to watch despite having worked in many of them and so has preferred to see films from other genres
Source – ETonline
Frances Conroy Facts
- She has affirmed that working in projects like Six Feet Under and 6 Souls, that have examined the boundaries of our reality, has affected her perceptions on various things in life and that she has always believed in forces or presences around us at all times, with our sensitivities getting heightened at certain times.
- Regarding her makeup and costume for American Horror Story, she has disclosed that it looked like she had burned her head in an oven and for the look she would have to dye her hair every 3 weeks as the color would easily fade away. Apart from that, there was always a lot of smoke on the set that the cast would get in their contact lenses and as a result of which would have to throw the lenses out.
- Frances has stated that she has found it meditative to sit in a character for a long period of time, realizing her relationship to the figure, and then letting go and simply being there.
Featured Image by iDominick / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0