|Fred Hechinger Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||December 1, 1999|
Fred Hechinger is an American actor who is known for his appearance as Trevor in Eighth Grade, John Calley in News of the World, Ethan Russell in Woman in the Window, and as Simon in The Fear Street Trilogy on Netflix.
New York City, New York, United States
Fred attended Saint Ann’s School. He then went on to study at Upright Citizens Brigade.
- Father – Paul Hechinger (Journalist)
- Mother – Sarah Rozen (Photo Director)
- Others – Fred Hechinger (Paternal Grandfather) (Education Editor and Writer at The New York Times), Leah Rozen (Maternal Aunt) (Film Critic), Grace Bernstein (Paternal Grandmother), Marvin Earl Rozen (Maternal Grandfather), Frieda Shoenberg (Maternal Grandmother)
Fred is represented by A3 Artists Agency, Brillstein Entertainment Partners, and attorney Ryan LeVine.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
81 kg or 178.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Ashkenazi Jewish descent.
- He has a beauty spot on the left side of his cheek near his lips as well as a mole just above his upper lip
- Thick eyebrows
- Alluring eyes
Fred Hechinger Favorite Things
Source – Spectrum News 1
Fred Hechinger Facts
- He was brought up in the Upper West Side of Manhattan .
- He was classmates with actor Lucas Hedges and Maya Hawke while attending Saint Ann’s School.
- As a teenager, Fred worked as a reporter.
- He made his debut theatrical film appearance as Trevor in Eighth Grade in 2018, alongside the likes of various stars including Elsie Fisher, Josh Hamilton, and Emily Robinson.
- He has been a long-time fan of actor Tom Hanks and got his first opportunity to act alongside him in the film News of the World in 2020. Fred even considered him to be his mentor. Later, in 2021, he starred in his first TV show as Young Arnold Ridgeway in The Underground Railroad.
- Fred has been featured in music videos of various artists including Maya Hawke‘s To Love a Boy in 2019, and in Samia’s Triptych in 2020.
- It was one of his older classmates who had managed to convince him into signing up for acting and improv classes and he quickly became obsessed with the performing arts.
- His paternal grandfather Fred left Germany in 1936 due to the Nazi regime.