|Freema Agyeman Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||March 20, 1979|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Freema Agyeman is a talented English actress. She is known for her roles in Doctor Who, Sense8, Little Dorrit, Law & Order: UK, The Carrie Diaries, New Amsterdam, Old Jack’s Boat, Silent Witness, Survivors, and Eat Local. She has a BA degree in Performing Arts and Drama from Middlesex University. Freema also took theatre courses from Anna Scher Theatre School in Islington, United Kingdom and Radford University in Virginia, United States.
London, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Freema Agyeman did her schooling at Our Lady’s Convent RC High School. She then joined the Anna Scher Theatre School in Islington in the summer of 1996.
After that, she attended Middlesex University and graduated with BA Honors in Performing Arts and Drama in 2000. Besides that, she also took theatre courses at Radford University in Virginia, the United States in 1998.
- Father – Osei Agyeman
- Mother – Azar Agyeman
- Siblings – Leila Agyeman (Older Sister), Dominic Agyeman (Younger Brother)
Freema Agyeman is managed by –
- Independent Talent Group Ltd., Talent Agency, London, United Kingdom
- William Morris Endeavor Entertainment, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Freema Agyeman has dated –
- James – In the mid-2000s, Freema dated an estate agent known only by his first name James. The couple used to live together. It is unsure if the couple is still together.
- Luke Roberts – Freema reportedly dated actor Luke Roberts in the past.
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (Black and Middle Eastern)
She has Ghanaian ancestry on her father’s side and has Iranian ancestry on her mother’s side.
- Sharp jawline
- Defined cheekbones
- Toned figure
Freema Agyeman has done a voiceover for a TV commercial for Sport Relief in 2012.
She belongs to Catholic denomination. However, she has pointed out that she is not a regular church-goer and added that doing good for others is her way of expressing her faith in God.
Best Known For
Her numerous roles in TV series including BBC’s science fiction series Doctor Who (2006-2010) as Martha Jones, Netflix’s science-fiction drama series Sense8 (2015-2018) as Amanita Caplan, BBC’s drama series Little Dorrit (2008) as Tattycoram, the popular crime series Law & Order: UK (2009-2011) as Alesha Phillips, the CW’s teen drama series The Carrie Diaries (2013-2014) as Larissa Loughlin, and NBC’s medical procedural series New Amsterdam as Dr. Helen Sharpe
In 2006, she made her theatrical film debut in the drama film Rulers and Dealers as Nana.
First TV Show
In 2003, she made her first TV show appearance on the drama series Crossroads as Lola Wise.
Freema Agyeman works out regularly in the gym. She is trained under celebrity trainer Mohamed Elzomor of Fit Life By Mo. Apart from that, Freema regularly practices yoga to strengthen her body and mind.
Freema Agyeman Favorite Things
- Item Of Clothing – An old Adidas tracksuit
- Building – Battersea Power Station
- Films – The Matrix (1999), Labyrinth (1986), Napoleon Dynamite (2004)
- Work Of Art – The ‘Venus de Milo’ in Louvre Museum
- Room In A House – The kitchen as it is the hub of a house
- Piece Of Technology – Nintendo DS
Source – Independent, Medium, The Guardian
Freema Agyeman Facts
- Her parents divorced when she was little.
- Her childhood hobbies included martial arts, gymnastics, and horse riding.
- In March 2008, Wizard magazine listed her as the #16 ‘Sexiest Women on TV’.
- She grew up on the Woodberry Down estate near Manor House, in north London and when she first came into the spotlight, terrible things were written about it in the papers.
- The moment that changed her life forever was when her brother was born. She felt grown up at that moment.
- Her greatest inspiration is her mother.
- Her real-life villain is any shop that sells fur.
- If she could change one thing about herself, she would improve her ability to have better time management, as she constantly makes lists but can’t stick to any of them.
- The shop she can’t walk past is Urban Outfitters.
- She likes curling up during the day and watching Murder She Wrote and Diagnosis Murder.
- She can be a sore loser.
- If she has time to herself, she would do self-indulgence to help her relax.
- She rides the Tube for its speed.
- Her most valuable possession is her Filofax.
- A book that changed her was The Mill on the Floss by George Eliot.
- According to her, the best invention ever is the car.
- The person who makes her laugh is Michael McIntyre.
- Her greatest regret is the way she has behaved to the choices she made.
- Her life in 7 words is happy, hectic, family-orientated, challenging, unglamorous, and blessed.
- The first thing that comes to her mind when she thinks of home is family and love.
- Her abiding memory of her childhood home is playing with her siblings.
- She feels flowers add a touch of class and color, and can brighten up a home.
- The Observer named her as the “face of 2007”.
- She has a tattoo of a Persian word “raha”, meaning “free”, under an image of a butterfly, on her upper arm.
- Freema is an avid supporter of the LGBTQ+ community.
- Follow her on Twitter and Instagram.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0