|Gail Simmons Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||May 19, 1976|
Gail Simmons is a successful Canadian food writer, cookbook author, and television personality. She has been a part of many TV series such as a judge on BRAVO’s Emmy-winning series Top Chef, as a head critic on Top Chef Duels, host of Top Chef: Just Desserts, and co-host of The Feed. She has also been featured in several publications like New York Magazine, Travel + Leisure, GQ, People, Los Angeles Times, and others.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
New York City, New York, United States
Gail Simmons attended McGill University in Montreal and graduated in anthropology and Spanish.
Cook, Food Writer, Culinary Expert, Television Personality
- Father – Ivor Simmons
- Mother – Renee Simmons
- Siblings – She has 2 older brothers.
Gail Simmons is managed by –
- Sarah Fuller at TRUE Public Relations, Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Ashley Miller at Wagstaff Worldwide, New York City, New York, United States
- Jeffrey Googel at William Morris Endeavor, Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Kenneth Slotnick at AGI Lifestyle Entertainment, New York City, New York, United States
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Gail Simmons has dated –
- Jeremy Abrams (2008-Present) – They got married on August 17, 2008. They have 2 children – a daughter named Dahlia Rae Abrams (b. December 29, 2013) and a son named Kole Jack Abrams (b. May 23, 2018).
Race / Ethnicity
- Beautiful eyes
- Often keeps a right side hair parting
Gail Simmons has either promoted or endorsed for brands like –
- HP Hood
- Sweet Lo’s Homemade Ice Cream
Gail Simmons Favorite Things
- Childhood Food – Cotton Candy
- Go-To Recipe – Her mother-in-law’s chicken and barley stew with vegetables and lots of dills
- All-Time Treat – Simple butterscotch pudding or a chewy, chunky, chocolate-chip cookie, still warm from the oven
- Restaurants In Los Angeles – Animal, Son of a Gun, Hatfield’s, Red Medicine, Lukshon, Gjelina, A-Frame, The Spice Table, Cafe Gratitude, Jitlada, Hiko Sushi, The Nickel Diner, and Mozza
- Emoji – Female Facebomb and the cat with hearts for eyes
- Comfort Food – Gooey, buttery grilled cheese
Source – IMDb, Refinery 29, XChromeCollective.com
Gail Simmons Facts
- She had worked as an assistant to Vogue‘s food critic Jeffrey Steingarten in the past.
- She has supported causes like Citymeals on Wheels, Go Red for Women, Hot Bread Kitchen, and more.
- A meal she can’t live without is the traditional pastrami on rye with mustard from Langer’s in L.A. or 2nd Avenue Deli in New York.
- She likes to wind down a hard week with a good work out, followed by a glass of wine and lots of popcorn on the couch.
- She can tap dance.
- Her personal style in terms of home decor is minimal but warm with clean, neutral colors, thoughtful, personal touches, and lots of natural surfaces and fabrics.
- Her perfect Saturday activity includes sleeping till 10:00 am, making breakfast with her family, playing in Prospect Park, taking a Soul Cycle class, baking with her daughter, and having casual dinner with close friends.
Featured Image by Larry D. Moore / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0