Galantis is an electronic dance music duo comprising of Swedish disc jockeys Christian Karlsson and Linus Eklöw that quickly rose to prominence with its feel-good sound, distorted vocals, and highly energetic productions. Among their most loved tracks are Smile, No Money, Runaway (U & I), Make Me Feel, Love on Me, Gold Dust, Heartbreak Anthem, Peanut Butter Jelly, etc. Since their formation in 2012, their songs have been viewed more than 1.5 billion times on YouTube.
- Christian Karlsson a.k.a. Bloodshy
- Style of Eye a.k.a. Linus Eklöw
Electro House, Deep House, Progressive House, Electropop, Future House, Big Room House
- Atlantic Records
- Big Beat Records
- Warner Music International
- Their self-titled debut EP was released in 2014 and included international hits like Smile and You.
- Pharmacy (2015), the group’s 1st studio album established their distinct sound with tracks like Runaway (U & I), Louder, Harder, Better, and Peanut Butter Jelly.
- The Aviary claimed the 4th spot on the US Billboard Top Dance/Electronic Albums chart upon its release in 2017.
- The duo released their 3rd album titled Church in February 2020. It featured several collaborations with OneRepublic (Bones), Dolly Parton (Faith), Yellow Claw (We Can Get High), and Passion Pit (I Found U).
- The band’s mascot is a ‘Seafox’ that was meticulously created by the UK-based artist, Mat Maitland. The eye-catching image has appeared on their album covers, merchandise, music videos, and live shows.
- In 2020, Galantis and Charli XCX released We Are Born to Play as the theme song for the park Super Nintendo World located in Osaka, Japan.
- Both the members have cited Prince as their greatest musical influence.
- Galantis performed their debut gig at the Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival in 2014. Their stellar live show was rated as the year’s ‘Best Dance Music Moment’ edging out seasoned artists like Chromeo, Disclosure, and Calvin Harris with 52% votes in a poll conducted by Billboard.
- The music video for one of their earliest hits Smile raised many eyebrows due to its s**ually explicit content.
- The duo have remixed popular songs like Shape of You by Ed Sheeran, Fetish by Selena Gomez and Gucci Mane, Delilah by Florence + The Machine, etc.
Featured Image by FifthLegend / Wikimedia / CC BY 2.0