|Gentle Whispering ASMR Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||July 22, 1986|
Gentle Whispering ASMR is a Russian-American YouTuber and ASMR (autonomous sensory meridian response) artist whose self-titled ASMR-based YouTube channel has earned her more than 2.5 million subscribers. She is widely regarded as one of the most popular and influential artists on YouTube whose work has inspired many budding ASMR artists. She also runs a secondary YouTube channel titled Sassy Masha Vlogs where she posts vlogs, behind-the-scenes clips, tutorials, and prop search videos. She has garnered more than 250k subscribers on this channel. She is popular on other social media platforms as well with more than 30k followers on Twitter and more than 150k followers on Instagram.
Gentle Whispering ASMR, YouTube’s Pre-Eminent ASMRtist, Queen of the ASMR Genre, The Grande Dame of ASMR
Lipetsk, Lipetsk Oblast, Russia
El Dorado County, California, United States
YouTuber, ASMR Artist
- Father – Her father manages a repair shop.
- Mother – Her mother is an architect and a designer.
- Siblings – She has an older sister.
- Others – She has a niece.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
62 kg or 136.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Gentle Whispering ASMR has dated –
- Darryl (2012-Present) – She had started dating a man named Darryl in 2012 and the couple got married in September 2017. They have a daughter together named Mila (b. February 23, 2019).
Before this, she was married to a man whose name she has not revealed. They had parted ways in 2009.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Russian descent.
- Slender frame
- Center-parted, shoulder-length, straight hair
- Affable smile
- Gleaming face
Gentle Whispering ASMR Facts
- She had revealed in an interview that she used to feel tingling sensations, a sense of relaxation, and goosebumps whenever her friends would tickle her. She had first had the experience when she was in kindergarten but had no idea how to describe this. She later experienced other similar triggers – for instance through a teacher who would whisper instructions, through a hairbrush, or through the crinkle of paper.
- In 2009, while she was suffering from depression and anxiety, post her divorce, she had started watching massage and meditation videos to release stress. She had opened a video that was recommended by YouTube’s algorithm where a woman was whispering. The video had triggered the same sensations that she had felt in childhood and this is how she was introduced to the world of ASMR. This video was also the inspiration behind her online user name.
- She had eventually recorded her own whispering video in February 2011 but had deleted it soon after. She later continued to record and publish new content on YouTube and had amassed more than 30k subscribers by the end of the year.
- Until 2014, she was working as an administrative assistant in a medical office but had started to earn enough through YouTube to quit her day job. In 2017, her channel had become the first ASMR-based channel to breach the mark of 1 million subscribers.
- After migrating to the United States from Russia in 2006, she had lived in Baltimore, Maryland, before shifting to California.
Featured Image by Gentle Whispering ASMR / Instagram