|Giovanni Morassutti Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||March 15, 1980|
Giovanni Morassutti is an Italian actor who has appeared in films like Last Days directed by Gus Van Sant in 2005 and historical drama I Viceré, directed by Roberto Faenza in 2007. He is a graduate of the National Film School of Rome. He lived in New York in his early 20ies where he interned at the Actors Studio. He started to study American acting with Susan Strasberg, daughter of Lee Strasberg. He is a long-time collaborator of her brother John Strasberg. In New York, Giovanni worked as a stage actor and also as a theatre director in many off-Broadway theatre productions presented at La MaMa Experimental Theatre Club, the Gene Frankel Theatre, and the Cherry Lane. Morassutti is also the founder and artistic director of the International art residency Art Aia – Creatives / In / Residence.
Zuan, Gio, Johnny
Padua, Veneto, Italy
He took his acting education from various acting schools such as HB Studio, John Strasberg Studios, Actors Studio, Centro Sperimentale di Cinematografia of Rome.
Actor, Director, Cultural Entrepreneur
- Father – Benedetto Morassutti
- Mother – Sabine Piwko
- Siblings – Sofia Morassutti (Sister)
- Others – Federico Morassutti (Great Grandfather), Bruno Morassutti (Grand Uncle)
Isabelle Münch manages Morassutti
Giovanni is also managed by Agency Twenty Nine Five in the United Kingdom.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
77 kg or 170 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Giovanni has been linked with –
- Marianna Jensen (2008-2012) – Italian-Danish actress, Jensen had a relationship with Morassutti from 2008 until March 2012.
- Francesca Tasini (2015-Present) – In August 2015, Italian actress Francesca Tasini and Giovanni started dating each other.
Race / Ethnicity
He has German and Polish ancestry on his mother’s side and is of Italian descent on his father’s side.
- Scar on the left eyebrow
- Deep voice
9 (UK) or 10 (US) or 43 (EU)
In 1999, Giovanni Morassutti has appeared in the TV commercials for the Canadian shoe brand Bata.
Best Known For
- Being a versatile actor and as a theatre director
- Being the founder and artistic director of Art Aia – Creatives / In / Residence
In 2003, he made his theatrical film debut in the role of the undercover policeman in the movie Runaway.
First TV Show
In 2003, Giovanni Morassutti made his first TV show appearance in Un papà quasi perfetto playing the role of a clerk.
Giovanni does yoga, Tai chi and occasionally plays other sports.
As per Morassutti’s diet, he mainly follows the Mediterranean diet. He has two meals a day and a glass of wine or two.
Giovanni Morassutti Favorite Things
- Food – Pizza
- Childhood Film – Stand By Me (1986)
- Color – Green
- Books – Crime and Punishment, Three sisters, The Divine Comedy
Source – As told by Giovanni himself
Giovanni Morassutti Facts
- His parents divorced when he was 4.
- While living in New York City, he worked as a busboy and a bike messenger.
- He has lived in Paris for nearly 6 months.
- Giovanni often plays emotionally troubled characters onscreen.
- He considers acting a transformative art form.
- He interned at the Actors Studio for about 1 year observing the work of its members including Estelle Parsons, Lee Grant, and Eli Wallach among others.
- He performed in several stage productions directed by Ellen Stewart during a month-long festival of Greek Classics at La MaMa in New York as well as in Spoleto (Itlay).
- He obtained a Bachelor of Acting at the Centro Sperimentale di Cinematografia directed by Giancarlo Giannini.
- He has written the foreword of “Per scelta, per caso. Oltre l´Actors Studio” written by his mentor John Strasberg.
- He has co-founded Art Aia – La Dolce Berlin which is a project in the field of contemporary art that hosts artists from all over the world and gives them an opportunity to showcase their work in the city of Berlin.
- He attended the 71st edition of the Cannes Film Festival as a cast member of For The Time Being (2018) directed by Daniela Lucato.
Featured Image by Teresa Marenzi / Instagram