Glass Animals is a British indie rock band that was formed in Oxford in 2010, that is piloted by singer, songwriter, and producer Dave Bayley followed by his childhood friends Joe Seaward, Ed Irwin-Singer, and Drew MacFarlane. The group released their first album titled Zaba in 2014, which included the hit single Gooey.
- Dave Bayley – Lead Vocals, Guitar, Keyboards, Drums, Tambourine
- Edmund Irwin-Singer – Bass Guitar, Keyboards, Backing Vocals
- Drew MacFarlane – Guitar, Keyboards, Backing Vocals
- Joe Seaward – Drums, Percussion
Oxford, England, United Kingdom
Psychedelic Pop, Indie Pop, Indie Rock, Electronic Rock
- Wolf Tone
- Caroline International
- Polydor Republic
- Glass Animals released their debut studio album titled Zaba on June 9, 2014. It included the hit singles Black Mambo, Gooey, Pools, Hazey and was compiled with a total of 11 tracks. The deluxe edition of the album included 4 more tracks Psylla, Exxus, Black Mambo (Zodiac Remix), and Gooey (Gilligan Moss Remix).
- The group released their second album How to Be a Human Being on August 26, 2019. It was nominated for the 2017 Mercury Prize and certified silver.
- On August 7, 2020, Glass Animals released their 3rd studio album Dreamland which is certified Platinum and Gold. It was their highest ranking album and made it onto #2 position on The Official Albums Chart, #6 on the ARIA Charts, and #7 on the Billboard 200.
- Their music style is considered to be a mix of indie rock, psychedelic pop, indie pop, and electronic rock genres.
Glass Animals Facts
- Dave Bayley wrote the first 3 albums released by the Glass Animals.
- The group was nominated for their first Grammy Award in the “Best New Artist” category at the 2022 Grammy Awards.
- Their song Heat Waves reached #1 on The Aria Charts in February 2021 and was also voted #1 on the Triple J Hottest 100 of 2020. As of February 2022, the song had surpassed more than 1 million streams on Spotify.
- Over the years, Glass Animals has collaborated with several well-known artists that including Joey Bada$$, Denzel Curry, Arlo Parks, and Bree Runway.
- Glass Animals has released various extended plays that include Leaflings (2012), Glass Animals (2013), Pools (2014), Adulthood (2020), Adolescence (2020), Childhood (2021), and Heat Waves (Expansion Pack) (2021).
Featured Image by Glass Animals / Instagram