|Golshifteh Farahani Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6½ in|
|Date of Birth||July 10, 1983|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
Golshifteh Farahani is an Iranian actress, voiceover artist, musician, singer, and director who is known for her award-winning performances in films like Derakht e Golabie (The Pear Tree), Mim Mesle Madar (M for Mother), The Patience Stone, and many others. Moreover, she has also amassed an impressive social media fan base with more than 8 million followers on Instagram, more than 2.5 million followers on Facebook, and more than 250k followers on Twitter.
Golshifteh Farahani studied at Islamic Azad University. She also attended a music school in Tehran.
Actress, Voiceover Artist, Musician, Singer, Director
- Father – Behzad Farahani (Actor, Screenwriter)
- Mother – Fahimeh Rahim Nia
- Siblings – Shaghayegh Farahani (Older Sister) (Actress), Azarakhsh Farahani (Brother) (Actor)
Golshifteh Farahani is represented by ADÉQUAT, Talent Agency, Paris, France.
5 ft 6½ in or 169 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Golshifteh Farahani has dated –
- Louis Garrel
- Amin Mahdavi (2003-2013)
- Matthew Silver (2015)
- Christos Dorje Walker (2015-2017)
Race / Ethnicity
Golshifteh Farahani is of Iranian descent.
Golshifteh Farahani Facts
- She made her first theatrical film appearance by playing the role of Mim (Mitra) in the 1998 drama film, The Pear Tree (Derakht-e-Golabi), which was directed by Dariush Mehrjui. Golshifteh Farahani was only 14 years old when she was cast as a lead in the movie alongside actors Homayoun Ershadi, Mohammad Reza Shaban-Noori, and Nematollah Gorji.
- For her role in The Pear Tree (Derakht-e-Golabi), she won the Fajr International Film Festival award in the “Best Actress from the International Section” category in 1997.
- In 2004, Golshifteh Farahani was cast as Ronak in the film titled Ashk-e Sarma (The Tear of the Cold) and her performance in the film won her the “Best Actress” award at the Kazan International Film Festival as well as the “Best Actress” award at the House of Cinema Festival (Tehran).
- Reportedly, Iran authorities prevented her from leaving the country after she had worked in the 2008 American action thriller film, Body of Lies.
- Golshifteh Farahani has had her share of controversies which include her posing nude for the French magazine Madame Figaro, after which it was reported that she would not be welcomed in Iran. According to the Daily Telegraph, Iranian government officials told her, “Iran does not need actors or artists like you. You may offer your artistic services somewhere else.”
- She has also appeared topless in a short black-and-white film by Jean-Baptiste Mondino titled Corps et Âmes (Bodies and Souls). This also attracted a lot of attention.
- As a voiceover artist, Golshifteh Farahani made her web show debut by providing vocals to the character of Yasamin ‘Yaz’ Madrani in the animated sci-fi show, Gen:Lock, in 2019.
- She is well-versed in English, French, and Farsi.
- She has also used her influence to voice a number of social issues which include the eradication of tuberculosis in Iran.
Featured Image by Georges Biard / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0