|Gori Nagori Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||June 11, 1990|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Gori Nagori is an Indian folk dancer who has set the stage alight with her local folk performances at numerous venues and events, particularly in the northern Indian states of Rajasthan and Haryana. She is good friends with popular Haryanvi dancer, actress, and singer Sapna Choudhary and the duo has often performed together at sell-out venues, much to the delight of their doting fans. She has garnered more than 200k followers on Instagram and came into the spotlight in October 2022 when she joined Bigg Boss 16 as a contestant, the sixteenth season of Bigg Boss, the Indian Hindi-language version of the globally popular Dutch reality TV game show franchise Big Brother.
Gori Nagori, Rajasthan’s Shakira
Nagaur, Rajasthan, India
Nagaur, Rajasthan, India
Gori Nagori had attended the Ghotiya Higher Secondary School in her hometown of Nagaur. After her high school graduation, she joined Jai Narain Vyas University, an educational institution in Jodhpur, Rajasthan. She earned her undergraduate degree there.
- Father – Khalu Malik (Deceased)
- Siblings – Ashu Malik (Younger Sister), Ikka Malik (Older Brother). She has one other brother.
She has been represented by Sunny Chaudhary, a local producer, actor, and singer.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
66 kg or 145.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Curvaceous figure
- Shoulder-length, straight hair
- Charming smile
- Gleaming face
Gori Nagori Facts
- Born as Taslima Bano into a Muslim family, she began using the stage name ‘Gori Nagori’ when she took up dancing to hide her religious identity because she feared that she would be the subject of constant criticism and abuse from the ‘moral police’ in her religious community.
- ‘Gori’ is generally used to refer to a fair-skinned lady. She added ‘Nagori’ (a slang term that can be used to refer to someone from Nagaur) to her stage name to honor her hometown.
- She was a huge fan of Colombian pop icon Shakira right from her childhood and has often stated the time she spent watching her idol on TV was what inspired her to become a dancer. A lot of Shakira’s movements are an integral part of Gori Nagori’s dancing repertoire which is why her fans affectionately call her ‘Rajasthan’s Shakira’.
- In the early days of her pursuit of a career as a dancer, her father, Khalu Malik, was a constant source of support for Gori Nagori. However, after he passed away, Gori Nagori’s relatives and neighbors began to bug her and would often taunt her for the career path she was choosing and chastise her for ruining the family’s image by indulging in what according to them was a ‘vulgar’ profession. This constant censure sent her into depression for a while and even forced her to give up on dancing for about 2 years.
- She enjoys riding bikes and often takes out her Royal Enfield for a spin in her spare time.
- An animal lover, she also loves to spend her free time with her pet dogs. Another hobby of hers is singing.
Featured Image by Gori Nagori / Instagram