|Griff Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||January 21, 2001|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Griff is an English singer and songwriter who has released an EP titled The Mirror Talk (November 2019) and a mixtape titled One Foot in Front of the Other (June 2021). The latter had peaked at number 4 on the UK music charts and a single from it, titled Black Hole, had peaked in the ‘Top 25’ of the music charts in the UK, Belgium, and Ireland. The song had also been certified ‘Silver’ by the British Phonographic Industry (BPI), the British recorded music industry’s trade association. At the 2021 Brit Awards, she had won the ‘Rising Star’ award and had become one of the youngest winners in that category.
Sarah Faith Griffiths
Kings Langley, Hertfordshire, England, United Kingdom
England, United Kingdom
Griff, after finishing her A-Levels (a subject-based qualification offered by the educational bodies in the United Kingdom to students completing secondary or pre-university education), had decided against pursuing higher studies, to focus on her music career.
- Siblings – She has a brother.
Guitar, Vocals, Piano
Warner Records Inc.
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
55 kg or 121.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Black and Asian)
She is of Jamaican descent on her father’s side and Chinese descent on her mother’s side.
- Petite frame
- Center-parted, shoulder-length, straight hair
- Radiant face
- Griff’s Jamaican paternal grandparents were part of the ‘Windrush Generation’, a generation of African-Caribbean people who had emigrated to the United Kingdom after the 2nd World War. Her Chinese maternal grandparents had migrated to England during the Vietnam War.
- She had first developed an interest in music when she was about 8 years old. This was after she had been gifted an iPod Shuffle which had the Taylor Swift album Fearless downloaded to it. She soon began learning how to record and produce music using her brother’s laptop and had used tutorials on YouTube to learn this.
- She had kept her musical life private while she was at school. Even after finishing her A-Levels, when she had decided against pursuing higher studies, to focus on her music career, she had told her teachers that she was only taking a gap year.
- In July 2019, she had been signed up by Warner Records Inc. The same day, she had released her debut single titled Mirror Talk and its music video. The song had been featured on BBC Radio 1 under the ‘New Name’ playlist. She had later revealed that the writing process for the song had only taken her an hour.
- The following month, her follow-up single titled Didn’t Break It Enough, was released. The clothes that she had worn in the song’s music video were designed by Griff herself.
- In July 2020, The Ivors Academy, one of the largest professional associations for music writers in Europe, had nominated her for an ‘Ivor Novello Rising Star’ award.
- In February 2020, she had released a single titled Good Stuff which was initially speculated to be about a romantic breakup. Griff had later clarified that the song was about her experiences with the children that her family had fostered.
Featured Image by Griff / Instagram