|Imad Wasim Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||December 18, 1988|
Imad Wasim is a Pakistani professional cricketer who has represented his country in the limited-overs versions of the sport (ODIs and T20Is), as a bowling all-rounder. He was an integral member of the Pakistani squad that had won the 2017 ICC Champions Trophy, the first time that Pakistan had achieved that feat. Before breaking into the senior national team in both ODIs and T20Is in the same year (2015), he was a part of Pakistan’s title-winning squad at the 2006 Under-19 ICC Cricket World Cup, the 2nd edition in a row that the country had emerged triumphant. 2 years later, he had captained the team to the semi-final stage of that tournament and an eventual 3rd place finish. In that semi-final match, he was Pakistan’s best bowler with a spell of 3/44 but could not prevent a 98 run defeat to South Africa. In the Pakistani domestic circuit, he has played for the regional teams Islamabad (2005-06–2018-19), Islamabad Leopards (2005-06–2014-15), Federal Areas Leopards (2009-10), Northern (2019-20–Present), Sindh, and FATA (Federally Administered Tribal Areas) across all 3 formats. A rare occurrence in modern cricket, Imad has also played domestic cricket outside of his home country representing Nottinghamshire County Cricket Club (2019-Present) in England.
Syed Imad Wasim Haider
Swansea, Glamorganshire, Wales, United Kingdom
- Father – Syed Wasim Haider (Engineer)
He is represented by Agent Haq, Sports and Lifestyle Management Agency, Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan.
Slow Left-Arm Orthodox
9 – One Day International (ODI), T20 International (T20I), Nottinghamshire County Cricket Club (English Domestic Cricket), Karachi Kings (PSL)
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
79 kg or 174 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Imad has dated –
- Sannia Ashfaq (2019-Present) – Imad got married to Sannia Ashfaq in August 2019 at the Shah Faisal Mosque in Islamabad. They have a daughter named together named Syeda Inaya Imad (b. March 2021).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Pakistani descent.
- Toned physique
- Side-parted, wavy hair
- Affable smile
- Sports a thick beard
Imad Wasim Facts
- Imad was born in Swansea, Wales, as his father was working there, as an engineer, around that time. The family had returned to Pakistan soon after.
- He was studying medicine but had quit his academic pursuits after he had been offered a chance to play for the under-19 Pakistan team.
- In 2016, he had become the 1st Pakistani spin bowler to have recorded a 5-wicket haul in T20Is after he had produced a sensational spell of 5/14 in a match against the West Indies.
- The following year, he had been honored with Pakistan’s ‘T20I Player of the Year’ award. He had also finished the calendar year of 2017 at the top of the ICC T20I bowling rankings.
- A valuable spin-bowling allrounder, he has been featured in franchise-based T20 leagues around the world, turning out for Karachi Kings (2016–Present) in the PSL (Pakistan Super League); Jamaica Tallawahs (2016–2018) and Barbados Tridents in the CPL (Caribbean Premier League); Comilla Victorians (2016-17), Barisal Bulls, and Chattogram Challengers in the BPL (Bangladesh Premier League); and Melbourne Renegades in the BBL (Big Bash League).
Featured Image by Imad Wasim / Instagram