|Imogen Bailey Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||July 7, 1977|
Imogen Bailey is an Australian model, actress, and singer. She is best known for her portrayal of Nicola West on Australian TV soap opera, Neighbours for six months. She has also been featured in the men’s magazines such as Ralph, FHM Australia, and Black+White. Apart from her modeling and acting activities, she has also worked in the field of music and has lent her vocals to tracks such as If U Want Me by United Kingdom dance musician Michael Woods, Supafly‘s cover version of Prince’s track Erotic City and Force of Nature for a charity album Hurricane Healing.US: Music That Heals, Vol. 1.
Imogen attended a primary school in the Pambula region in Bega Valley Shire and completed her secondary education from Melrose High School in Pearce, Australia. Later, she attended Phillip College in Canberra, Australia. Then, she went to TAFE Institute to study marketing.
Model, Actress, Singer
Imogen is represented by Thruline Entertainment, Inc.
Armada Music B.V.
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
53 kg or 117 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Imogen has dated –
- Ahmed (1993-2001) – Imogen began a relationship with an older man named Ahmed when she was only 16. He was a Lebanese-Australian and a practicing Muslim. During their time together, the actress would often wear a burqa and fasted during Ramadan. The couple was in a relationship for 8 years but parted ways later as Ahmed wanted to get married and settle down but Imogen’s modeling career had started and she did not want to give up on her career.
- Ryan Corr – Imogen dated actor Ryan Corr. Their relationship was described as troubled by the media.
- Rob Beckmann – She later began dating Rob Beckmann. The couple got engaged in 2016 and Imogen shared the news on her Instagram account. She later shared a picture of her marriage on her Instagram in January 2018.
Race / Ethnicity
- Broad Forehead
- Pointed Chin
Best Known For
- Being an Australian model and being featured on the cover of men’s magazines such as Ralph, FHM Australia, Black+White
- Playing the role of Nicola West in Australian TV soap opera, Neighbours
As a Singer
Imogen lent her vocals for United Kingdom dance musician, Michael Woods’ 2003 single titled If U Want Me. The track peaked at number 1 on the component, UK dance chart, number 46 on the UK Singles Chart, number 62 on the ARIA Singles Chart, number 5 on its Dance Charts, and number 2 on its Hitseekers Chart. Besides that, she also featured on Supafly‘s cover version of Prince’s Erotic City.
Imogen also lent her vocals to a track titled Force of Nature after Hurricane Katrina in August 2005. The song was for a charity album by various artists, titled Hurricane Healing.US: Music That Heals, Vol. 1.
Imogen Bailey made her theatrical film debut in an Australian-American horror film titled Man-Thing during 2005. In this movie, she played the role of Sarah.
First TV Show
Imogen Bailey made her TV show appearance in Australian TV series titled Home and Away in 2001 in which Bailey appeared as Carmen Jefferson.
Imogen Bailey Favorite Things
- Neighbours Co-stars – Ryan Moloney
Source – The Perfect Blend
Imogen Bailey Facts
- When she was young, she lived in the Pambula region, first on a farm and after in a milk bar in town.
- At the age of 9, one of her poems got published in the local newspaper in the nearby town Merimbula.
- In the late 1990s, her modeling career began when she initially did print modeling for advertisements in fashion magazines. Later in 2000, she began preparing self-published calendars and her first calendar was titled Imogen Odessey 2000.
- She appeared as a sports model in Inside Sport and did nude modeling for men’s magazines such as Ralph, FHM Australia, Black+ White.
- Imogen attracted a huge fan following especially among young females after she portrayed the character of Nicola West for 6 months on TV soap opera Neighbours from January 2008.
- Imogen has also appeared in reality shows such as Celebrity Survivor (2006) and Celebrity Big Brother for Charity Live (2002).
- Apart from modeling and acting, she lent her vocals to United Kingdom dance musician, Michael Woods’ single If U Want Me that went on to peak at number 46 on the UK Singles Chart and number 1 on the component, UK dance chart, number 62 on the ARIA Singles Chart, and number 2 on its Hitseekers Chart.
- She is a dog lover and has a pet dog whom she shares with her husband Rob and often posts pictures on her Instagram.
- In 2013, she joined hands with John Jarratt and Mark Seymour and became the face of the Hot Potato Campaign that involved visiting 10 rural towns in 10 days and speaking to people using a free hot potato meal as an ice-breaker. The main aim of the campaign was to change the thinking of people and myths on asylum seekers in Australia.
- She is also an animal rights activist and has spoken openly about the subject and taken part in many of the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) campaigns.
- In an interview with UK magazine, NOW in September 2008, she revealed that she suffered from anorexia nervosa, due to which she lost up to 40 kgs.The condition occurred for a year from 2000 to 2001 and the reason behind it as revealed by Imogen was due to “the stress of a break-up from an unfaithful boyfriend and also “being surrounded by other anorexics”.
- Visit her official website @ imogen-bailey.com.
- Follow Imogen Bailey on Facebook and Instagram.
Featured Image by Imogen Bailey / Instagram