|Inaamulhaq Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||November 14, 1979|
Inaamulhaq is an Indian actor, theatre artist, screenwriter, and director. He has been cast in films and shows like Jolly LLB 2, Filmistaan, Airlift, Nakkash, Hasmukh, Lucknow Central, Maharani, Firaaq, Pagalpanti, Firangi, Chidiya, and Phullu. Apart from his acting credits, he has also written dialogue for the Hindi language action comedy film Bbuddah… Hoga Terra Baap and for comedy show Comedy Circus.
Saharanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Inaamulhaq attended the National School of Drama (NSD) in New Delhi and graduated in 2003 with a specialization in acting.
Actor, Theatre Artist, Screenwriter, Director
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Inaamulhaq has dated –
- Shibli Anwer – He is married to Shibli Anwer and they have a son named Ivaan.
Race / Ethnicity
- He was 12 years old when he was cast in a stage project for the first time.
- Inaamulhaq joined the Indian People’s Theatre Association (IPTA) in Saharanpur and was cast in leading roles in multiple plays.
- Alongside Sharib Hashmi, Kumud Mishra, and Gopal Dutt, he co-starred as Aftaab, a Pakistani Muslim whose trade stems from pirated Hindi films which he brings back every time he crosses the border, in the 2012 Hindi-language film titled Filmistaan.
- For his performnce in Filmistaan, Inaamulhaq won the 21st Annual Screen Award, IBNLive Movie Award, SICA Award, and AIBA Award in the “Best Actor in a Supporting Role” category. This role also got him nominated for a IIFA Award in 2015.
- He was cast in the leading role of Allah Rakha Siddiqui, a talented craftsman who is a widower in present Varanasi and lives with his only son Mohammad, in the 2019 Hindi language Bollywood film, Nakkash. This role won Inaamulhaq the Best Actor Awards at IIFFB (India International Film Festival Of Boston 2019) and DCSAFF (Washington DC South Asian Film Festival 2018) as well as a Jury Award for outstanding performance at Lifft India Filmotsav-World Cine Fest 2019.
- He gained positive reviws for his perofrmance in Nakkash and Saibal Chatterjee from NDTV quotes “Inaamulhaq does full justice to his first-ever lead role in a Hindi film, getting into the skin of the conflicted central character with complete conviction”.
- In 2021, Inaamulhaq was seen playing the role of Bengali bureaucrat Parvez Aalam in the Hindi-language drama series, Maharani, in which he co-starred alongside Huma Qureshi, Sohum Shah, Amit Sial, and Kani Kusruti.
Featured Image by Shibli Anwer / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0