Kristen Welker is an American journalist who is working for NBC News currently. Also, she works as a news correspondent and gained a wide range of experience in the field of journalism. Similarly, she holds an important position as a correspondent for the Government of America and has worked for some of the well-known media giants.
Is Kristen Welker Related to Wes Welker?
No, Kristen Welker is not related to Wes Welker. No the thing that is related is their sure name only. Neither they related by blood nor by profession. She is an American Journalist whereas Wes a former American football wide receiver who is currently an assistant coach for the San Francisco 49ers of the National Football League.
Kristen Welker Career
Kristen Welker, an American television journalist who is working for NBC News. Similarly, she works as a White House correspondent based in Washington, D.C. In the late 1990s, she began her journalism career by joining ABC affiliates WLNE-TV in Providence, Rhode Island. There she worked for several years.
After that, he joined KRCR-TV in Redding/Chico, California in 2001. There, she worked or a couple of years till 2003. She was a reporter for WLNE-ABC6 News in 2003. In the year 2005, she left the job and joined NBC 10 affiliate WCAU as an anchor and reporter.
As a reporter and weekend anchor, she worked there for about half a decade till 2009. Then she joined NBC News as a correspondent based at the NBC Universal News West Coast Headquarters in Burbank, California in the year 2009. After that in May 2001, she became NBC News White House correspondent and presently still working here.
Wes Welker’s Career
Wesley Welker is a former American football wide receiver. He is working as an assistant coach for the San Francisco 49ers of the National Football League (NFL) currently.
In 2004, Wes undrafted as a free agent, who played college football for the Texas Tech Red Raiders. He had a successful career.
Kristen Welker Married Life with her Husband John Hughes
Kristen Welker is a happily married woman. Her husband’s name is John Hughes, the famous marketing director at Merck in Philadelphia. The couple began having an affair with each other in the year 2014. Similarly, the pair had their first date in October 2014. The interesting part of the couple’s relationship is that her husband John is four years younger than her.
They decided to take their relationship to the next level after dating a few months. On March 4, 2017, the couple married. Similarly, their marriage ceremony held in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The wedding ceremony was held in the Hyatt Hotel. Around 300 guest list was full of close friends and family only.
However, they are yet to blessed with kids. The couple is currently relishing their blissful marital relationship. We often see them going out and spend quality time together. They are having a strong bond in between. Therefore, the couple is free form rumors and controversies regarding their relationship until now.
Interesting facts of Kristen Welker
- Kristen Welker was born on July 01, 1976 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States.
- As of 2019, her age is 43 years old while her birth sign is Cancer.
- She is the daughter of Harvey Welker (father) an engineer and Julie Welker (mother) a real estate agent.
- Kristen is American by her nationality and belongs to mixed ethnicity as her father is a Native American whereas her mother is an African-American.
- In 1994, she completed her high school education from Germantown Friends School in Germantown.
- After that, she enrolled at Harvard College and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in 1998.
- Kristen Welker has an estimated net worth of around $2.5 million with a handsome salary.
- Her husband’s name is John Hughes married on March 4, 2017, and yet to blessed with kids.
- Kristen stands at a height of 5 feet 3 inches while her body weight is around 62 kg.
- She is active on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.