|Ivey Meeks Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||April 3, 2002|
Ivey Meeks is an American social media star, model, singer, songwriter, and actress, best known for her cover of Taylor Swift‘s song Blank Space, published in December 2014 in collaboration with a fellow social media star and singer, MattyBRaps. Even though she had aspirations in the media industry already, having worked as a model, actress, and appeared in TV commercials, this launched her YouTube career. Ivey joined the regular cast of creators on the ‘Funniflix’ YouTube channel, which has amassed more than 1.5 million subscribers and began making weekly appearances. She was best known as her angrier, more “out-there” character, Crazy Ivey, and appeared in vlogs, comedy skits, and reactions to other people’s videos from the channel.
In 2019, she also became a prominent singer and released solo and duet songs such as Like A Movie, Over It, Fake Friends, Feelings, BRAT in collaboration with Austin, and Sick Day in collaboration with Noella. Between 2014 and 2019, she had also collaborated with MattyBRaps on a number of songs, parodies, vlogs, and discussion videos, primarily because of the high interest of the fanbase to see them together after their initial success. Ivey also often collaborated with her ‘Funniflix’ co-stars, Haschak Sisters (Madison Haschak, Gracie Haschak, Sierra Haschak, and Olivia Haschak), Sarah Grace Justin Bradford, and Liv Shumbres. Ivey has also amassed a large fanbase online with more than 100k followers on Instagram.
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Ivey attended Oconee County High School in Watkinsville, Georgia, United States.
Social Media Star, Actress, Singer, Songwriter, Model
- Mother – Mary
- Siblings – She has a younger sister.
Ivey Meeks is represented by MattyB, LLC (Talent Agent, Manager) in the United States.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Ivey Meeks has dated –
- MattyBRaps (2014) – Not too long after their 1st collaboration for the cover of Blank Space, their fanbase “shipped” them together. At 1st, both of them denied the rumors and states they’re great friends that loved collaborating. In 2016 and 2017, they published videos such as The Popcorn Challenge! (MattyBRaps vs Ivey), My Date with Ivey, My BREAK UP Phone Call with Ivey!, The Break Up! (MattyBRaps & Ivey), and others, where both of them showed a healthy dose of humor regarding the rumors. In each of the videos, one of them addresses the other as his girlfriend/boyfriend, and the other person gets weirded out and says “We’re not dating!”. This became a recurring theme but was also a clarification that these were comedy skits made in good fun to satisfy their fanbase’s wishful thinking.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of American descent.
Ivey endorsed brands such as 310 Nutrition in 2019.
She booked her 1st TV commercial in the 4th grade, which was a national campaign for Marathon gas.
Best Known For
- Her role of Young Stacy in the TV series Drop Dead Diva in 2012
- Coming to prominence as a singer in December 2014, after the release of her cover of Taylor Swift’s hit song Blank Space with a fellow social media star, MattyBRaps
- Being a part of the YouTube channel ‘Funniflix,’ and releasing vlogs, comedy skits, discussions, as well as her original solo songs, Like A Movie, Feelings, Over It, and Fake Friends
- Her social media fanbase with more than 100k followers on Instagram
As a Singer
Ivey Meeks and MattyBRaps, a fellow social media star and singer, released a music cover of the song titled Blank Space on December 16, 2014, which was originally released by Taylor Swift. In 2015, via her personal YouTube channel, she uploaded a cover of a song titled Dear Future Husband by Meghan Trainor, while in 2016, she covered Look At Me Now by Chris Brown.
In 2019, Ivey released solo songs such as Feelings and Fake Friends in February 2019, Over It in May 2019, and Like A Movie in April 2019. She also released duet songs with Austin, also known as “Mini MattyBRaps”, titled BRAT in July 2019, and Sick Day with Noella in August 2019.
First TV Show
Ivey Meeks made her first TV show appearance as Young Stacy in an episode titled Lady Parts of the comedy-drama series Drop Dead Diva in August 2012. Maddie Ziegler was featured in the same episode, while the series regulars were actors and actresses such as Brooke Elliott, Margaret Cho, April Bowlby, Kate Levering, Jackson Hunt, Lex Medlin, Josh Stamberg, and Ben Feldman.
In April 2015, Ivey showcased her skills in gymnastics and basketball. She was able to do a full whip double trick as well as shoot hoops with a lot of precision.
Ivey Meeks Favorite Things
- Singer – Justin Bieber
- Color – Pink
- Activities – Hiking, Ice-Skating, Dancing
- Movie Genre – Comedy
- Actor – Kevin Hart
- Movie – Central Intelligence (2016), Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle (2017)
- Food – Pizza
- TV Show – The Office (2005-2013), Gossip Girl (2007-2012)
- Number – 8
Source – Instagram, Instagram, Instagram, Instagram
Ivey Meeks Facts
- She was always into acting and attended drama classes in school.
- Ivey’s favorite birthday memory was when she was 8 years old, which later turned into her favorite number. When her parents told her they were not going anywhere for spring break, which was in April for her school, it left her disappointed. But then, her family had tickets to see a few Broadway shows in New York City, New York, United States, which was her 1st time in a “big city” and took her breath away.
- She had her start on YouTube in the 7th grade, when she went on an audition to appear in one of MattyBRaps’s videos. It was when they heard her sing that the idea for the music cover came about.
- Ivey had her wisdom teeth removed in early July 2019, and filmed a very strong reaction to the anesthesia, which included wailing and crying intensively.
- She considers Taylor Swift as her role model because she’s “extremely talented and super creative”.
- She cannot stand people who talk or laugh loudly.
- According to her, the most difficult thing about her work as a YouTuber is to find the right life-work balance. In August 2019, she went to a public high school, had multiple singing engagements, and was an active member of the ‘Funniflix’ YouTube channel collective.
- As of August 2019, Ivey would love to collaborate with Summer McKeen, who is a fashion, lifestyle, and beauty YouTuber.
- If she could have a fictional thing in real life, she would like Harry Potter’s invisibility cloak. Ivey would also love to have the ability to read people’s minds.
- She’s not the type of person who could sit idle at home and do nothing. She has to play a sport, do her homework, or go out with friends and family.
- Follow her on Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, YouTube, and 2nd YouTube.
Featured Image by Ivey Meeks / Instagram