|James Anderson Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||July 30, 1982|
James Anderson is an English professional cricketer who has represented his country in all 3 formats of the sport (Tests, ODIs, and T20Is), as a fast bowler. As his career progressed, he became a test match specialist for England and had played his last ODI match in 2015 and his last T20I match way back in 2009. Widely acknowledged as one of the greatest bowlers of all time, he was the 4th highest wicket-taker in the history of test cricket, as of March 2021, with 611 dismissals against his name, the greatest tally ever recorded by a fast bowler. In March 2021, he had become just the 6th bowler ever to have breached the mark of 900 international wickets (across all 3 formats). In the English domestic circuit, he has played for Lancashire County Cricket Club (2002–Present). For his services to cricket, in 2015, he was appointed an ‘Officer of the Order of the British Empire’.
James Michael Anderson
Jimmy, The Burnley Express, The King of Swing, The Burnley Lara, Daisy
Burnley, Lancashire, England, United Kingdom
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
James had attended the St Mary’s R C Primary School and the St Theodore’s R C High School, both in his hometown of Burnley.
- Father – Michael Anderson
- Mother – Catherine Anderson
He is represented by M&C Saatchi Merlin, Creative Talent Management Agency, London, England, United Kingdom.
9 – Test Match, One Day International (ODI), T20 International (T20I), Lancashire County Cricket Club (English Domestic Cricket)
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
James has dated –
- Daniella Lloyd (2004-Present) – James had started dating model Daniella Lloyd in 2004 and the couple got married in 2006. They have 2 daughters together named Lola Rose Anderson (b. 2009) and Ruby Luxe Anderson (b. 2010).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of British descent.
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped hair
- Often sports a light stubble
James Anderson Facts
- One of the most prolific bowlers of all time, as of March 2021, James had held the records for being the only pace bowler to take more than 300 test wickets in his home country and for being the pace bowler with the most number of deliveries bowled in test cricket.
- Although he did not represent England in the ODI format after the 2015 ICC Cricket World Cup, he was still England’s leading wicket-taker in the format as of March 2021, with 269 scalps to his name. The nearest active English player at this point was still more than 100 wickets behind him, suggesting that James’ reign would last even after his overall retirement from the international game.
- As of March 2021, he had represented England in 160 test matches which put him at number 8 on that list. This was, by a distance, the most number of test matches ever played by a fast bowler, and with England’s busy schedule of test matches in 2021, he was primed to soon eclipse the barrier of 168 matches and climb to number 2 on the overall list.
- He is a lifelong supporter of his local soccer club Burnley F.C.
Featured Image by James Anderson / Instagram