|Jang Keun-suk Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11¾ in|
|Date of Birth||August 4, 1987|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Jang Keun-suk is a South Korean actor, singer, model, and director. As an actor, he has been cast in a variety of shows and movies like The Case of Itaewon Homicide, The Royal Gambler, Baby and I, Mary Stayed Out All Night, You’re Beautiful, Do Re Mi Fa So La Ti Do, The Happy Life, One Missed Call: Final, Love Rain, Switch, Pretty Man, You’re My Pet, Beethoven Virus, Marry Me, Mary!, Hong Gil-dong, Lovers in Prague, Four Sisters, and Human, Space, Time and Human. Additionally, Jang Keun-suk has also released albums and songs such as Nature Boy, Voyage, Just Crazy, Let me cry, and Dakishimetai.
Prince of Asia, Asia Prince, JKS, AP
Seoul, South Korea
For his junior high school education, Jang Keun-suk attended a school in New Zealand and then got enrolled at Nelson College in 2003, to learn English and Japanese.
He also attended Hanyang University, a private research university in South Korea. He was appointed as one of the first domestic university “Sharing Professors” by Hanyang University on October 20, 2015.
Actor, Singer, Director, Model
- Siblings – He is an only child.
Jang Keun-suk has been repped by AG Corporation.
Pony Canyon, TreeJ Entertainment, Universal J
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, his net worth had been $6 Million.
5 ft 11¾ in or 182 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Jang Keun-suk is of South Korean descent.
Jang Keun-suk has done endorsement work for brands like Coca-Cola, Daewoo, Kellogg’s, Samsung YEPP, and SK Telecom.
Jang Keun-suk Facts
- He was 5 years old when he was discovered by a talent agent and started working as a child model. He caught the attention of the agent when Jang Keun-suk’s parents were selling their house and the agent was a prospective buyer.
- Jang Keun-suk has earned the nickname “Prince of Asia” due to his overwhelming popularity in the region, particularly in China and Japan.
- In 2009, he played Robert J. Pearson (Arthur Patterson) in the film The Case of Itaewon Homicide, based on the true story of the Itaewon murder case. This performance won him the 46th Baeksang Arts Award for “Most Popular Actor (Film)”.
- He became the youngest person to be named PR Ambassador for Seoul in 2010.
- Reportedly, Jang Keun-suk donated 10.1 million yen in 2011 from his charity event for the earthquake and tsunami victims to the Japanese Red Cross.
- In 2011, he was named promotional ambassador of the Nuclear Safety Summit.
- He became the first Hallyu star to be featured on a Japanese stamp in 2012.
- Jang Keun-suk once said that “You may be a Hallyu star, but without a domestic base, it can feel empty.”
- He was made a public ambassador for the media art exhibition “Van Gogh Inside: Festival of Music and Light” in 2016.
- He was named honorary ambassador for the PyeongChang Olympics in 2017.
- He helped a Mongolian teenager with the treatment for ovarian cancer in South Korea by helping to pay for the patient’s trip and medical expenses.
- On July 16, 2018, Jang Keun-suk started his mandatory military service and served as a social office worker following his diagnosis of bipolar disorder in 2011, which classified him as ineligible for active duty in the military. He served at Seoul Metropolitan Fire and Disaster Headquarters and completed his military service on May 29, 2020.
Featured Image by Jang Keun-suk / Instagram