|Jason Holder Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||November 5, 1991|
Jason Holder is a Barbadian professional cricketer who has represented the West Indies in all 3 formats of the sport (Tests, ODIs, and T20Is), as an all-rounder. For a significant part of his early career, he had also captained the West Indies; in Tests (September 2015-December 2020) and ODIs (January 2015-September 2019). He was a part of the West Indian squad that had won the 2016 ICC World T20 although he did not play any match in the tournament. Before breaking into the senior national team in 2013, he had starred in the 2010 Under-19 ICC Cricket World Cup, where he was the team’s leading wicket-taker with 13 wickets. In January 2019, he had become number one in the world in the test all-rounder category in the official ICC rankings, a position that he had continued to hold, barring a few months in between, as of April 2021.
In domestic cricket, he has turned out for his home country of Barbados (2009–Present) in the West Indies and Northamptonshire County Cricket Club (2019) in England, across all 3 formats. A valuable pace-bowling allrounder, he has been featured in franchise-based T20 leagues around the world, turning out for Chennai Super Kings (2013), Sunrisers Hyderabad (2014–2015, 2020–Present), and Kolkata Knight Riders (2016) in the IPL (Indian Premier League); Barbados Tridents (2013–present) in the CPL (Caribbean Premier League); Quetta Gladiators (2016) in the PSL (Pakistan Super League); and Sydney Sixers (2020) in the BBL (Big Bash League).
Jason Omar Holder
- Father – Ronald Holder
- Mother – Denise Holder
- 8 – Test Match, One Day International (ODI), Barbados Tridents (CPL)
- 98 – T20 International (T20I), Northamptonshire County Cricket Club (English Domestic Cricket), Sunrisers Hyderabad (IPL)
6 ft 7 in or 200.5 cm
103 kg or 227 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jason has dated –
- Jasmine Quinn (2019-Present)
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Afro-Caribbean descent.
- Towering frame
- Close-cropped hair
- Affable smile
- Sports a trimmed goatee
Jason Holder Facts
- Jason was made the captain of the West Indies in the ODI format in January 2015. At 23 years and 72 days, he was the youngest cricketer to have ever captained the West Indies. In September 2015, he was made the captain in the test match format as well, becoming the second-youngest test captain of all time for the West Indies.
- In a 2015 ICC Cricket World Cup match against South Africa, he had conceded 104 runs which was the 2nd-worst bowling spell in a 50-overs World Cup match, as of April 2021.
- In March 2018, he had become the fastest player for the West Indies, in terms of matches (74), to score 1,000 runs and record 100 wickets in ODIs.
- In January 2019, he had become the first West Indies cricketer since Garfield Sobers in 1974, to reach the number one position in the test all-rounder category in the official ICC rankings.
- In 2019, he had won Cricket West Indies’ ‘Test Player of the Year’ award.
- In July 2019, he had become the first captain of the West Indies to take 100 wickets in ODIs.
- He is an ardent supporter of the English soccer club Tottenham Hotspur F.C.
Featured Image by Jason Holder / Instagram