|Javier Botet Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 7¼ in|
|Date of Birth||July 30, 1977|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
Javier Botet is a Spanish actor, theatre artist, writer, voice actor, and producer who has often been cast in creature roles, owing to his physical features due to Marfan syndrome. He has worked on several movies such as Beneath Still Waters, Mama, It, The Other Side of the Door, REC, REC 2, REC 3: Genesis, Mara, Crimson Peak, Witching & Bitching, The Conjuring 2, Don’t Knock Twice, The Mummy, Insidious: The Last Key, His House, Slender Man, Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark, It Chapter Two, Polaroid, 32 Malasana Street, and Don’t Listen. Moreover, the actor has also appeared in shows like Game of Thrones, Justo antes de Cristo, Star Trek: Discovery, #Luimelia, and El vecino (The Neighbor).
Javier Botet López
Ciudad Real, Spain
Actor, Theatre Artist, Writer, Voice Actor, Producer
- Father – Agustín Andrés Botet Rodríguez
- Mother – María del Carmen Servilia López Nieto
Javier Botet has been repped by Resolution, Talent Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States.
6 ft 7¼ in or 201 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Due to Marfan syndrome, he has extremely long and fine fingers along with a tall, thin build
- Has often been cast as a ghost, monster, witch, demon, etc.
Javier Botet Facts
- He was diagnosed with Marfan syndrome (a rare multi-systemic genetic disorder that affects the connective tissue) when he was 5 years old.
- Javier Botet played Frankenstein’s monster in Teatros del Canal’s stage adaptation of Frankenstein in 2010.
- Alongside Jessica Chastain, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Megan Charpentier, Isabelle Nélisse, and Daniel Kash, Javier co-starred as Mama, a mysterious maternal protector figure, in the 2013 supernatural horror film Mama.
- He played Set, the ancient Egyptian god of death, in the 2017 American fantasy action-adventure film The Mummy. It stars Tom Cruise, Annabelle Wallis, Sofia Boutella, Jake Johnson, Courtney B. Vance, Marwan Kenzari, and Russell Crowe.
- In 2017, Javier Botet was seen as Hobo/The Leper, who is a rotting homeless man that encounters Eddie Kaspbrak under the porch of the house on 29 Neibolt Street, in the American coming-of-age supernatural horror film It. The film became the 5th-highest-grossing R-rated film of all time. Javier reprised his role in It Chapter Two in 2019.
- He brought to life the titular role in the 2018 American supernatural horror film Slender Man.
- In April 2019, Javier Botet appeared as Wight in an episode titled The Long Night of the American fantasy drama television series Game of Thrones.
- He started playing Tucker in the superhero comedy streaming television series The Neighbor (Spanish: El Vecino) in 2021.
Featured Image by DONOSTIA KULTURA / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0