|Jayshree Ullal Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||March 27, 1961|
Jayshree Ullal is an American business executive who is best known as the president and CEO of Arista Networks, an American computer networking company headquartered in Santa Clara, California. The company designs multilayer network switches to deliver software-defined networking (SDN) for large datacenter, cloud computing, high-performance computing, and high-frequency trading environments. She has also been a member of the board of directors of companies such as ZScaler (a cloud security company headquartered in San Jose, California) (May 2008 – 2010) and Snowflake Inc. (a cloud computing–based data cloud company based in Bozeman, Montana) (June 2020 – Present).
London, England, United Kingdom
Saratoga, Santa Clara County, California, United States
Jayshree had attended the Convent of Jesus & Mary, a girls’ day school in Connaught Place, New Delhi. After her high school graduation, she joined the San Francisco State University, a public research university in San Francisco, California.
She graduated from there with a Bachelor of Science degree in electrical engineering. Thereafter, she studied at Santa Clara University, a private Jesuit university in Santa Clara. She graduated from there with a master’s degree in engineering management.
- Father – Sudarajan Vedantham (Physicist)
- Mother – Nirmala Vedantham
- Siblings – Susie Vedantham Nagpal (Younger Sister) (Councilwoman from Saratoga) (d. May 2010)
- Others – She has a nephew and a niece through Susie.
In August 2022, Jayshree Ullal’s net worth was $2.1 billion according to Forbes.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jayshree has dated –
- Vijay Ullal – Jayshree, through her long-term marriage to venture capitalist and investor Vijay Ullal, has 2 daughters named Aditi and Tarini. Vijay was the president and chief operating officer of Fairchild Semiconductor International, Inc. (an American semiconductor company based in San Jose, California) from September 2012 until November 2014.
Race / Ethnicity
- Slender frame
- Center-parted, shoulder-length, wavy hair
- Affable smile
Jayshree Ullal Facts
- Born in London to Indian parents, Jayshree was brought up in India’s capital city of New Delhi where she completed her schooling.
- She began her career at Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (AMD), an American multinational semiconductor company based in Santa Clara. She held engineering and strategy positions there and also worked briefly at Fairchild Semiconductor International, Inc.
- She was later appointed the director of internetworking products at Ungermann-Bass, a computer networking company that operated in the 1980s and 1990s out of Santa Clara. She held that position for about 4 years after which she joined Crescendo Communications where she rose to the position of vice-president of marketing.
- In September 1993, Cisco Systems, Inc., a multinational technology conglomerate corporation headquartered in San Jose, acquired Crescendo Communications. Jayshree then joined Cisco Systems, Inc. and worked on the company’s switching business which grew to about USD 5 billion by 2000.
- During her time as the company’s vice-president and general manager of LAN switching in the enterprise group, she oversaw about 20 mergers and acquisitions. At Cisco, she rose to the position of senior vice-president of data center & switching, responsible for products and/or services that saw about USD 15 billion of direct and indirect revenue.
- In October 2008, she was named the CEO and president of Arista Networks. In June 2014, she led the company to its listing on the New York Stock Exchange, the world’s largest stock exchange by market capitalization of its listed companies.
- In 2018, the American weekly magazine/newspaper Barron’s included her in their list of the ‘World’s Best CEOs’. The following year, Fortune magazine included her in their list of the ‘Top 20 Businesspersons’.
- In 2022, she was ranked 15th on Forbes magazine’s list of ‘America’s Self-Made Women’. It has been estimated by Forbes that Jayshree owns about 5% of Arista Networks and a majority of this stake has been earmarked for her 2 daughters, niece, and nephew.
Featured Image by Jayshree Ullal / Instagram