|Jeffrey Wright Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||December 7, 1965|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Jeffrey Wright is an American actor who is best known for his work in films such as Basquiat (1996), Ali (2001), Syriana (2005), Casino Royale (2006), Cadillac Records (2008), The Ides of March (2011), The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (2013), and O.G. (2018). He is also well recognized for portraying characters such as Sidney Bechet in the adventure fantasy TV series The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles (1993), Norman ‘Belize’ Arriaga / Mr. Lies / Homeless Man / The Angel Europa in the TV miniseries Angels in America (2003), Valentin Narcisse in the period crime drama TV series Boardwalk Empire (2013–2014), and Bernard Lowe / Arnold Weber in the science-fiction Western and dystopian TV series Westworld (2016-Present).
Washington, D.C., United States
Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States
Jeffrey had graduated from the St. Albans School, an independent college preparatory, boys’ school in Washington, D.C. He had then joined the Amherst College, a private liberal arts college in Massachusetts, from where he had earned a bachelor’s degree in political science, in 1987. He had later joined the Master of Fine Arts acting program at the New York University Tisch School of the Arts. He had, however, dropped out after just 2 months there to act in a play that kick-started his professional acting career.
- Father – James Charles Wright, Jr. (d. 1966)
- Mother – Barbara Evon Wright (née Whiting) (Customs Lawyer)
- Others – Brian Wright (Cousin), James Charles Wright, Sr. (Paternal Grandfather), Mary Lois Potts (Paternal Grandmother), William Henry ‘Boo White’ Whiting (Maternal Grandfather), Mary Ellen ‘Mamie’ Banks (Maternal Grandmother), Elizabeth Ejogo (née Douglas) (Ex-Mother-in-Law) (Tour Guide), Charles Ejogo (Ex-Father-in-Law) (Entrepreneur) (Deceased), Charles Ejogo, Jr. (Brother-in-Law) (Entrepreneur)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
77 kg or 169.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jeffrey has dated –
- Carmen Ejogo (2000–2014) – Jeffrey had married English actress and singer Carmen Ejogo in August 2000 after having first met her during the shooting of the biographical drama TV film Boycott (2001). They have 2 children together – a son named Elijah Wright and a daughter named Juno Wright. The couple got divorced, amicably, in 2014.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-American descent.
- Toned physique
- Close-cropped, receding hairline
- Sports a thick beard
Jeffrey had been featured in a TV commercial for Dell Technologies (March 2017).
Jeffrey Wright Facts
- Jeffrey had planned to attend a law school after he had graduated from Amherst College but had changed his mind at the eleventh hour, switching his focus towards a career in acting.
- For portraying the character of Norman ‘Belize’ Arriaga in the TV miniseries Angels in America (2003), he had won the ‘Best Supporting Actor’ award at the 2004 Golden Globe Awards and the ‘Outstanding Supporting Actor’ award at the 2004 Primetime Emmy Awards.
- Exactly a decade ago, in 1994, he had won a prestigious Tony Award in the ‘Best Featured Actor in a Play’ category for the exact same role, in the Broadway production of Angels in America. Interestingly, he was the only original cast member who was retained from the play when it was adapted into the 2003 TV miniseries.
- Amherst College, his alma mater, had conferred an honorary degree upon him in 2004.
Featured Image by Jeffrey Wright / Instagram