|Jemima West Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||August 11, 1987|
Jemima West is an English actress who is known for having been cast in a variety of roles in various shows and movies such as Isabelle Lightwood in The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones, Cassidy Payne in 15/Love, Alice Whelan in Indian Summers, Liselott Karlsson in Ben et Thomas, Rosalie “Rose” Tranier in Maison Close, and Vittoria in The Borgias. She has spent her childhood years both in England as well as in France and started acting at a very young age. She has been a part of the entertainment industry for several years and her other acting credits include having worked on several other projects such as R.I.S. Police scientifique, Grand Star, Kidnapping Freddy Heineken, United Passions, The Messenger: The Story of Joan of Arc, Paradis Criminel: Who Killed Little Red Riding Hood, JC comme Jésus Christ, Lines of Wellington, Demain je me marie, As Linhas de Torres Vedras, Endeavour, and Joséphine, ange gardien.
Jemima West studied at Paris-Sorbonne University, which was a public research university located in Paris, France, and graduated with a degree in the History of Art. Also, she used to take acting lessons in the evening.
- Father – He was an accountant.
- Mother – She was a business interpreter.
Jemima West is represented by The Artists Partnership, Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Jemima West is of English descent.
- Deep-set eyes
- Chiseled facial features
Best Known For
- Having been cast as Alice Whelan in the British /American period drama series, Indian Summers, as she starred alongside the likes of Henry Lloyd-Hughes, Nikesh Patel, Julie Walters, Alexander Cobb, Amber Rose Revah, Fiona Glascott, Indi Nadarajah, Craig Parkinson, and Rick Warden
- Starring as Isabelle Lightwood in the fantasy action horror film, The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones, alongside actors Lily Collins, Jamie Campbell Bower, Robert Sheehan, Kevin Zegers, Lena Headey, Kevin Durand, Aidan Turner, Godfrey Gao, C. C. H. Pounder, Jared Harris, and Jonathan Rhys Meyers
- Playing the role of Louisa in the mini-series, Paradis Criminel: Who Killed Little Red Riding Hood, which won an award in the “Best mini-series” category at the 2009 La Rochelle TV Film Festival. Also, the series amassed more than 3 million viewers on France 2, a public national television channel, on August 22, 2012, and was named as the 8th best-rated fiction of the year on the channel.
- Having been cast as Vittoria in the historical-fiction drama television series, The Borgias, which centered around the Borgia family. The lead cast of the show consisted of actors such as Jeremy Irons, François Arnaud, Holliday Grainger, Joanne Whalley, Lotte Verbeek, David Oakes, Sean Harris, Peter Sullivan, Simon McBurney, Steven Berkoff, Aidan Alexander, Julian Bleach, Thure Lindhardt, Gina McKee, and Colm Feore.
- Playing a wide range of characters in several films such as King Guillaume in King Guillaume, Marguerite des Ravalets in La Morte Amoureuse, Jemima in JC comme Jésus Christ, Maureen in Lines of Wellington, Fleur in Et ton père…!, Annette Rimet in United Passions, and Sonja Holleeder in Kidnapping Freddy Heineken
Jemima West made her first theatrical film appearance by playing the role of a girl in the epic historical drama film, The Messenger: The Story of Joan of Arc, in 1999. Directed by Luc Besson, the film starred the likes of Milla Jovovich, John Malkovich, Faye Dunaway, Dustin Hoffman, Pascal Greggory, Vincent Cassel, Tchéky Karyo, Richard Ridings, Desmond Harrington, and Timothy West. Also, Jemima West was only around 12 years old when she started working on the movie.
First TV Show
Jemima West made her first TV show appearance by playing the role of Cassidy Payne in an episode, titled You Can’t Go Home, of the Canadian family comedy-drama series, 15/Love, in July 2006. She was one of the lead cast members alongside actors Laurence Leboeuf, Meaghan Rath, Max Walker, Christian Schrapff, Sarah-Jeanne Labrosse, Kyle Switzer, and Charles Powell.
Jemima West Facts
- She was a mere 5 years old when her parented shifted base to Paris, France.
- Jemima West has also spent a few of her childhood years in England, United Kingdom.
- She is bilingual and can speak both French and English.
- In March 2007, she appeared as Chloé Muller in an episode, titled Dépendances, of the crime drama series, R.I.S. Police scientifique.
- Although Jemima West has described Paris as her home, she has also said that she is a completely English woman who finds it easier to work in her mother tongue.
- She played the role of Liselott Karlsson in the comedy series, Ben et Thomas, which starred actors Anthony Marocco, Amezienne Rehaz, and Daphnée Chollet.
- Between 2010 and 2013, she also portrayed the character of Rosalie “Rose” Tranier in the period drama TV series, Maison Close, as she was cast amongst the show’s lead actors which included Anne Charrier, Valérie Karsenti, Catherine Hosmalin, Clémence Bretécher, Deborah Grall, and Blandine Bellavoir.
- Follow Jemima West on Instagram.
Featured Image by Jemima West / Instagram