|Jenny Ryan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||April 2, 1982|
Jenny Ryan is an English television personality, quizzer, and singer who burst into the spotlight as one of the chasers on the ITV quiz show The Chase with her debut appearance on it on September 2, 2015. She has starred in several other TV programs such as the game show for the BBC titled Mastermind (2006), the general knowledge quiz program Fifteen to One in the past, the comedy panel game television quiz show QI (2012-2013), and the competition series The X Factor: Celebrity (2019) in which she reached the final and finished in the 3rd place. She has been in the band named Nanukes Of The North, a video of her singing Delilah with whom at the Fountain pub in Hawes in 2016, that was uploaded to YouTube, having amassed more than 30,000 views.
Jenny Alexis Ryan
The Vixen, The Bolton Brainiac
Bolton, Lancashire, England
She attended the University of Leeds.
Television personality, Quizzer, Singer
She is represented by Craig Latto of Talent4 Media.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
67 kg or 148 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She is of English descent.
- Wears big spectacles
- Shapely lips
- Thick, ginger hair
She has endorsed or promoted several brands such as Opera Opera Opticians LTD.
Jenny Ryan Favorite Things
- Passion – Books and reading, her incredible general knowledge being a result of which, that was nurtured by her parents from her childhood
- Hobby – Playing computer games
Source – Metro.co.uk
Jenny Ryan Facts
- She kickstarted her quizzing career by writing questions for the pilot episode of the TV show The Chase in 2009.
- She has recalled that she had to do many auditions and tests before she was accepted for The Chase. She has gone on to state that being on the show has felt like a different ball game compared to the usual quizzes, as it has demanded her to sit in front of the camera with full confidence that her knowledge would cover almost all of what is asked.
- Jenny has disclosed that her nickname “The Vixen” on The Chase was in reference to her red hair that she would wear as a ponytail making it look like a fox’s brush. It was also as she has always had an affinity for animals and the name gave her free reign to be a bit predatory, as well as a bit wild when she desired to be so. The producers had liked it too as vixens are known to be clever and cunning. Regarding her other moniker “The Bolton Brainiac” she has affirmed that was after her place of birth.
- She had taken part in the World Quizzing Championship in 2014.
- Jenny has revealed that in her spare time she has enjoyed being with her music band having sung and also played the ukulele in the quartet. She has usually rehearsed a couple of times a week and done covers of pop and rock songs, as well as some new age and punk numbers. She has affirmed that being involved with the band has been a lot of fun along with it being a very good outlet and stress buster for her.
Featured Image by Jenny Ryan / Instagram