|Jesse L. Martin Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||January 18, 1969|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Jesse L. Martin is an American actor, producer, singer, and voice artist who is known for originating the role of Tom Collins on Broadway in the musical Rent. He is also known for having been cast in television roles like Detective Edward “Ed” Green in the NBC police procedural and legal drama series Law & Order, Joe West in The CW superhero drama series The Flash, Philip Maidstone in the NBC action drama series The Philanthropist, Dr. Greg Butters in the Fox legal comedy-drama series Ally McBeal, Scott Nichols in the NBC musical drama series Smash, and Antonio Collins in the Fox drama series 413 Hope St.
Jesse Lamont Watkins
Jesse L. Martin, Lamont
Rocky Mount, Virginia, United States
Manhattan, New York City, New York, United States
Jesse L. Martin attended the Buffalo Academy for Visual and Performing Arts and was voted “Most Talented” in his senior class. Then, he attended New York University‘s Tisch School of the Arts‘ theatre program.
Also, during his time at NYU, he was the popular president of Rubin Dorm, the former domain of Mark Twain.
Actor, Producer, Singer, Voice Artist
- Father – Jesse Reed Watkins (1943-2003) (Truck Driver)
- Mother – Virginia Price (College Counselor)
- Siblings – He has 2 older brothers and a younger brother.
Jesse L. Martin has been signed with –
- Jim Butler Productions, Inc., Production Company, West Hollywood, California, United States
- ICM Partners, Talent and Literary Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, his net worth had been $10 Million.
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
77 kg or 169.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Jesse L. Martin Facts
- He is the 3rd of 4 sons and was born 2 months premature.
- Jesse was a child when his parents got divorced.
- After his mother’s remarriage, he adopted his stepfather’s surname.
- He was in grade school when his family moved to Buffalo, New York.
- Martin’s Southern accent made him feel shy and he started to dislike speaking. Then, a mentor influenced him to join an after-school drama program and cast him as the pastor in The Golden Goose. Martin gave an amazing performance as an inspired Southern Baptist preacher.
- He came to Buffalo, New York to work on the independent film titled Buffalo Bushido in October 2006 and was robbed 2 days after his arrival.
- Jesse L. Martin appeared as Marcus Hill, Vi Rose’s estranged husband, in the 2012 musical comedy-drama film, Joyful Noise, starring Queen Latifah, Dolly Parton, Keke Palmer, Jeremy Jordan, and Courtney B. Vance.
- His stage credits include having been a part of productions like Timon of Athens, The Merchant of Venice, The Winter’s Tale, The Prince and the Pauper, The Government Inspector, Romeo and Juliet, and Arabian Nights.
- Along with Jonathan Larson, Jesse L. Martin used to work at the Moondance Diner in New York City.
Featured Image by Dominick D / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0