|Jim Duggan Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||January 14, 1954|
Jim Duggan is an American professional wrestler who is popularly known by his ring name “Hacksaw”. He is signed with the World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) under a Legends contract.
James Edward Duggan Jr.
Glens Falls, New York, United States
Lugoff, South Carolina, United States
He went to Southern Methodist University.
Jim Duggan is represented by –
- World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE)
- Global Force Entertainment, Inc., Professional Wrestling Organization, Tennessee, United States
6 ft 3 in or 190.5 cm
120 kg or 264.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jim Duggan has dated –
- Debra Duggan – Jim Duggan is married to Debra Duggan whom he has 2 daughters with, namely Celia and Rebecca.
Race / Ethnicity
He has English and Scottish ancestry.
He often tends to dye his hair ‘blonde’.
- Bearded Jawline
- Round Face
He was raised Presbyterian.
Jim Duggan Facts
- He is best known for his character in which he uses a 2×4 length of wood as his weapon, the battle cry “Hooo!” and the “USA!” cheer.
- He was the winner of the first-ever Royal Rumble match in 1998.
- Duggan has been a United States Heavyweight Champion and a World Television Champion.
- He was a star athlete back in high school. He was a letterman in football, track, wrestling, and basketball. In the wrestling category, he won the New York State High School wrestling championship, making him the first wrestler from Glen Falls to bring home the victory.
- After college, he was signed by the Atlanta Falcons of the National Football League (NFL) but was released after he encountered knee injuries.
- He turned into professional wrestling with the help of fellow wrestler Fritz Von Erich. They met while Dugan was on a recruiting trip to SMU.
- Duggan’s first professional match against Gino Hernandez took place in 1979.
- After a brief stint with the World Wrestling Federation (WWF), Duggan started working regularly for Georgia Championship Wrestling. At the time, he was known by two in-ring aliases, “Big” Jim Duggan and as “The Convict”, a masked wrestler. He then began wrestling in a promotion based in San Antonio, Texas, where he got his well-known alias name “Hacksaw”.
- He was signed to the WWF in January 1987 and made his first major appearance at WrestleMania III, during which he also made his pay-per-view debut. Prior to his appearance at WrestleMania III, he started his first WWF feud with Nikolai Volkoff.
- Duggan’s first major WWF match was at the first-ever Survivor Series pay-per-view in 1987, during which he participated in the first match and was also a member of the winning team.
- In the summer of 1994, after spending a year wrestling independents throughout the Northeast and a tour of Austria for Catch Wrestling Association, he signed a contract with World Championship Wrestling (WCW).
- On April 2, 2011, he was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame by fellow inductee, “The Million Dollar Man” Ted DiBiase.
- Duggan appeared as ‘Himself’ in the film Pro Wrestlers vs Zombies wherein he battled the undead with his 2×4. He also appeared in an episode of the Harry and the Hendersons TV series in 1991.
Featured Image by Endlessdan / Wikimedia / CC-BY-SA-3.0