|Jodie Whittaker Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5¾ in|
|Date of Birth||June 17, 1982|
Jodie Whittaker is an English actor, stage actor, producer, and voiceover artist. She made her theatrical film debut as Jessie in the 2006 comedy-drama film Venus and this performance got her nominated for British Independent Film Award for “Most Promising Newcomer”, London Critics Circle Film Award for “British Newcomer of the Year”, and Satellite Award for “Best Actress in a Motion Picture, Comedy or Musical”. She has also gained popularity with her roles in shows and movies such as playing the Thirteenth Doctor in the sci-fi show Doctor Who, Anna in the comedy film Adult Life Skills, Samantha Adams in the sci-fi comedy horror film Attack the Block, Beth Latimer in the crime drama series Broadchurch, Sandra Grimes in the 8-part drama miniseries The Assets, Ffion in the anthology series Black Mirror, and Sam in the anthology series The Afternoon Play.
Jodie Auckland Whittaker
Skelmanthorpe, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Jodie Whittaker studied at Scissett Middle School and Shelley High School. Later, she got enrolled at Guildhall School of Music and Drama and graduated in 2005 with an acting Gold Medal.
Actor, Producer, Voiceover Artist, Stage Actor
- Father – Adrian Whittaker
- Mother – Yvonne Whittaker (née Auckland)
- Siblings – Jodie has an older brother.
- Others – Lewis Gordon Auckland (Maternal Grandfather), Harry Whittaker (Nephew) (Child Actor) (Died on July 1, 2014)
Jodie Whittaker has been signed with –
- Independent Talent Group Ltd., Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom
- William Morris Endeavor Entertainment, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, her net worth had been $6 Million.
5 ft 5¾ in or 167 cm
52 kg or 114.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jodie Whittaker has dated –
- Christian Contreras – She met American actor and writer Christian Contreras in drama school and they had a “big wedding” in Arizona in 2008. In April 2015, they welcomed their first child – a daughter.
Race / Ethnicity
Jodie Whittaker is of English descent.
- Yorkshire accent
- Expressive face
Jodie Whittaker Facts
- She has been named after the American actress Jodie Foster.
- Her earliest memory is falling into a pool in Benidorm at the age of three.
- Whittaker enjoys reading and considers herself a geek.
- She is a feminist.
- She does not smoke and has said, “I’ve never smoked. I have to smoke for films sometimes and I smoke like a teenager without inhaling – you can tell! I’m not cool enough to pull it off.”
- Jodie Whittaker played Nadya in Enemies at Almeida Theatre in 2006 and this performance got her nominated for an Ian Charleson Award.
- Her other stage credits include playing Ampelisca in The Storm, Hennie Berger in Awake and Sing!, Sue in A Gaggle of Saints, and Antigone in Antigone.
- Jodie Whittaker co-starred as Samantha Adams, a trainee nurse and new resident of Wyndham Tower, in the 2011 science fiction comedy horror film Attack the Block. For the role, she was nominated for a Fangoria Chainsaw Award for “Best Supporting Actress”.
- She has done voiceover work for video games including Doctor Who: The Runaway, Doctor Who: The Edge of Time, and Doctor Who: The Edge of Reality.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0