|Joe Pantoliano Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9¼ in|
|Date of Birth||September 12, 1951|
Joe Pantoliano is a talented American actor and producer. He is known for his roles in Risky Business, The Goonies, Midnight Run, Baby’s Day Out, The Fugitive, Bound, The Matrix, Memento, Bad Boys, The Sopranos, The Handler, and Sense8. He took acting lessons at HB Studio in New York City. Joe runs an organization called No Kidding, Me Too! aimed at spreading awareness of the mental illness, having suffered from clinical depression himself.
Joseph Peter Pantoliano
Hoboken, New Jersey, United States
- Los Angeles, California, United States
- Wilton, Connecticut, United States
Joe Pantoliano studied at Cliffside Park High School in New Jersey. Later, he joined HB Studio in New York City and took acting lessons with actors John Lehne and Herbert Berghof.
- Father – Dominic Pantoliano (Hearse Driver and Factory Foreman)
- Mother – Mary Pantoliano (Bookie and Seamstress)
- Siblings – Maryann (Younger Sister) (Tupperware Manager)
- Others – Peter Pantoliano (Paternal Grandfather), Rose (Paternal Grandmother), Gustave/Gus Cosimo Centrella (Maternal Grandfather), Mamie (Maternal Grandmother)
Joe Pantoliano is managed by Agency for the Performing Arts, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
5 ft 9¼ in or 176 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Joe Pantoliano has dated –
- Morgan Kester (1978-1984) – In 1978, Joe started dating actress Morgan Kester. The couple tied the knot on March 31, 1979. They have a son together named Marco Pantoliano (b. 1981). However, the pair divorced on February 23, 1984.
- Nancy Sheppard – In the late 1980s, Joe began dating former model and actress Nancy Sheppard. They met on a blind date. The couple soon started living together with Nancy’s daughter from her previous marriage, Melody. The couple tied the knot on February 18, 1994. Actor Charles Rocket conducted their marriage. They have 3 children together – 2 daughters named Daniella Pantoliano (b. 1992) and Isabella Pantoliano (b. August 27, 1998) and a son named Bobby Pantoliano.
- He also has a daughter named Michelle Rinaldi.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Italian descent.
- Dimpled smile
- Often wears thick-rimmed glasses and hat
Best Known For
Appearing in negative roles. Some of his best known roles include Risky Business (1983) as Guido, The Goonies (1985) as Francis Fratelli, Midnight Run (1988) as Eddie Moscone, Baby’s Day Out (1994) as Norby, The Fugitive (1993) as Deputy U.S. Marshal Cosmo Renfro, Bound (1996) as Caesar, The Matrix (1999) as Cypher, Memento (2000) as Teddy, Bad Boys franchise (1995, 2003) as Captain Conrad Howard, The Sopranos (2001-2002; 2004) as Ralph Cifaretto, The Perfect Match (2016) as Marty, and Sense8 (2015-2017) as Michael Gorski.
In 1973, he made his theatrical film debut in the drama film Road Movie as Mugger.
In 2001, he made his theatrical film debut as a voice actor by lending his voice for the character of Peek in the animated comedy film Cats & Dogs.
First TV Show
In 1978, he made his first TV show appearance on the comedy-drama series Free Country as Louis Peschi.
In 1994, he made his debut as a voice actor on the animated comedy family series Beethoven as Sparky
Joe Pantoliano works out regularly to keep his depression at bay.
As for his diet, he maintains a healthy Australian diet format that includes healthy dinner smoothie.
Joe Pantoliano Favorite Things
Source – IMDb
Joe Pantoliano Facts
- Growing up, his family moved to Cliffside Park, New Jersey.
- When he was young, his mother moved in to live with her 3rd cousin, Florio “Florie” Isabella, after separating from his father.
- He used to co-own Beverly Hills’ Grand Havana Room.
- Joe is known to be a keen wine buff.
- While studying at the HB Studio, he worked as a waiter and went for auditions.
- At the age of 17, he relocated to Manhattan from Hoboken, New Jersey, to learn the craft of being a barber.
- According to his book, Who’s Sorry Now (published 2002), Joe never found out who his real father was, whether it was her mother’s cousin, Florio or Dominic Pantoliano.
- Since the mid-1990s, he has suffered from Clinical Depression.
- In 2011, he published his 2nd book titled Asylum.
- In 2008, he founded the charity organization called No Kidding, Me Too! (nkm2.org) to spread awareness of the mental illness and encourage those suffering to seek help.
- Joe is left-handed.
- He also has dyslexia.
- He has worked as an associate producer on films including Tinseltown (1997), The Immortals (1995), The Last Word (1995), and Robot in the Family (1993).
- Follow him on Instagram.
Featured Image by Joe Pantoliano / Instagram