|John Delaney Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||April 16, 1963|
John Delaney is an American attorney, businessman, and politician who is known for having served as the United States Representative for Maryland’s 6th congressional district from 2013 to 2019.
John Kevin Delaney
Wood-Ridge, Bergen County, New Jersey, United States
Washington, D.C., United States
John Delaney studied at Bergen Catholic High School, an all-male Roman Catholic high school located in Oradell, New Jersey. Later on, he earned a couple of scholarships, like his father’s labor union as well as the American Legion, VFW, and the Lions Club, which helped him get to the Columbia University from where he graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in 1985.
Afterward, he attended Georgetown University Law Center and got a J.D. degree in 1988.
Attorney, Businessman, Politician
- Father – Jack Delaney (Electrician)
- Mother – Elaine (Rowe)
- Others – John Rowe (Uncle) (Businessman, Academic Physician, Former Chairman and CEO of Aetna Inc.), Albert Wallis Rowe (Maternal Grandfather), William Rowe (Maternal Great Grandfather), Emily Mary Prince (Maternal Great Grandmother), Elizabeth Lynch (Maternal Grandmother)
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
70 kg or 154 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
John Delaney has dated –
- April McClain (1990-Present) – He met April (née McClain) during his time at Georgetown University Law Center and the duo got married in 1990. They parent 4 daughters, 2 of whom have attended Northwestern University. Also, April has served as Washington, D.C. Director for Common Sense Media which is a non-profit organization aimed at educating families on social media.
Race / Ethnicity
John Delaney is of Irish and English descent.
- Deep-set eyes
- Balding head
John Delaney Facts
- He spent his childhood years in Wood-Ridge, New Jersey.
- During his younger years, he used to work at his father’s construction sites.
- In 2004, John Delaney was awarded the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award.
- He was succeeded by fellow Democrat and businessman, David Trone, in Congress in November 2018.
- John Delaney has stated that “to some extent” his faith has worked as a guide for his “social justice orientation”.
- He has also been a member of the Board of Directors of a couple of organizations like St. Patrick’s Episcopal Day School, Georgetown University, National Symphony Orchestra, and the International Center for Research on Women.
- John Delaney has appeared on many shows which include the likes of The Next Revolution with Steve Hilton, WSJ at Large with Gerry Baker, Fox and Friends, Under the Dome, The Daily Show with Trevor Noah, Real Time with Bill Maher, and Tucker Carlson Tonight.
- He has gained a decent social media fan base with more than 500k followers on Facebook, more than 50k followers on Twitter, and more than 10k followers on Instagram.
Featured Image by United States Congress / U.S. Federal Government / Public Domain