|Jonathan Bailey Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||April 25, 1988|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Jonathan Bailey is an English actor who burst into the spotlight after portraying the lead role of young Leonardo da Vinci in the children’s television series Leonardo (2011-2012). He gained further acclaim by appearing in several other TV shows such as Broadchurch (2013, 2015) in which he played the part of Olly Stevens. He has starred in numerous films including The Young Messiah (2016) and performed as a voice-over artist for a number of video games like Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers (2019) as well as audiobooks such as Cast Long Shadows: Ghosts of the Shadow Market, Book 2 (2018). He has been a prominent stage actor having won the Laurence Olivier Award for “Best Actor in a Supporting Role in a Musical” for his essaying of Jamie in Company (2018–2019) that was the West End revival of the 1970 musical comedy.
Wallingford, Oxfordshire, England
- Siblings – He has 3 older sisters.
He is represented by Conway Van Gelder Grant Ltd.
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
72 kg or 159 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of English descent.
Jonathan came out gay in 2018 during interviews with The Times and Attitude.
- Dimpled chin
- Sharp features
- Expressive eyes
- Tall stature
Jonathan Bailey Favorite Things
- Hobbies – Swimming, Hiking, Camping, Cycling, and any sport that has enabled him to live his life to the fullest thereby quenching his thirst for adventure, with him always having been a person who has loved to try new things and wanted to create memorable experiences
- Pastime – Exercising, Biking, Long-distance running having even participated in the London Marathon always having enjoyed staying active
Source – TVOverMind.com
Jonathan Bailey Facts
- He was brought up in Wallingford, Oxfordshire in England.
- He had made up his mind to be an actor at the age of 5 after watching the stage production of Oliver. His first captive audience comprised his sisters and while his parents had never gone to a theatre, they became his proud audience. His parents had been extremely supportive of him and would drop him for rehearsals in Clapham.
- Jonathan has recalled that he was a ballet dancer for many years during his childhood so much so that there was once a time when it was the dance form that most people associated him with. It was later that he decided to get fully involved in acting.
- Despite being gay, he began playing the straight character Anthony Bridgerton in the TV show Bridgerton in 2020. Discussing gay actors acting straight, he has revealed that he has believed it should never matter what character people play, but he is aware that openly gay men usually do not portray straight in central roles. He has pointed out how many straight men have played iconic gay roles and been lauded for that, and he has stated that it would be brilliant to see real gay men play their own personal experience.
- Jonathan has disclosed that the intense sideburns that he has sported, while playing the character of Jonathan in Bridgerton since December 2020, have been real.
- He has revealed that he is a little superstitious having done things like flicking the watch five times before a show.
Featured Image by Jonathan Bailey / Instagram