|Jonny Lee Miller Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9¾ in|
|Date of Birth||November 15, 1972|
Jonny Lee Miller is a British film, television, and theatre actor and director. He is known for his work in movies like Trainspotting, T2 Trainspotting, Hackers, Afterglow, The Flying Scotsman, Endgame, Byzantium, Melinda and Melinda, Plunkett & Macleane, Mansfield Park, and Dark Shadows. Moreover, he has also been cast in various theatre productions and his role in Frankenstein won him the 2012 Olivier Award for “Best Actor in a Play”.
Jonathan Lee Miller
Kingston upon Thames, Greater London, England, United Kingdom
Miller attended Tiffin School, a boys’ grammar school in Kingston upon Thames, England. He also joined the National Youth Music Theatre, where he met fellow actor Jude Law.
Afterward, he took his GCSEs and then left school when he was 16 years old in order to follow his passion for acting.
Actor, Theatre Artist, Director
- Father – Alan Miller (Theatre Actor, Involved in stage productions at the BBC)
- Mother – Anne Lee (Theatre Actor, Involved in stage productions at the BBC)
- Others – John Bernard Lee (Maternal Grandfather) (Actor, Stage Artist), Gladys Emily Merredew (Maternal Grandmother)
He has been represented by United Talent Agency, Talent Agency, New York City, New York, United States.
In 2020, his net worth was $14 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 9¾ in or 177 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jonny Lee Miller has dated –
- Jennifer Esposito
- Angelina Jolie (1994-1999) – In October 1994, he started dating actress Angelina Jolie and the duo also worked together in the 1995 crime film Hackers. They got married on March 28, 1996, but separated 18 months later. They divorced in 2000 but have remained close friends.
- Natalie Appleton (1999-2000)
- Lisa Faulkner (2001-2002)
- Kate Moss (2004)
- Michele Hicks (2006-2018) – Miller began dating American actress and model Michele Hicks in the year 2006 and they married in July 2008 in Malibu, California. In December 2008, they were blessed with a son named Buster Timothy Miller. The couple divorced in 2018.
Race / Ethnicity
Jonny is of English and Scottish descent.
- Receding hairline
- Deep-set eyes
Jonny Lee Miller Facts
- He grew up in South West London.
- His grandfather Bernard Lee played M in the first eleven James Bond films.
- Jonny portrayed Graeme Obree in the 2006 drama film, The Flying Scotsman, based on the life and career of Scottish amateur cyclist Graeme Obree. This role got him nominated for a BAFTA Award as well as a London Film Critics Circle Award.
- In 2008, he ran the London Marathon in a time of 3hr 1min.
- In November 2014, Miller became an American citizen.
- He has also trained in both Muay Thai and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu at Evolution Muay Thai in New York City.
- He participated in an exhibition Muay Thai bout held at Chok Sabai Gym in New York City in May 2018.
- Miller made his Muay Thai debut against Robert Bermudez on February 1, 2019, at “Friday Night Fights” held at Broad Street Ballroom in New York City in the scheduled-for-three-rounds 145-pound bout. Miller emerged as the winner of the fight by knockout in the third round with a right cross – left hook combination.
- He is a fan of Chelsea FC.
- He previously resided in Primrose Hill, London, England, near Jude Law and Ewan McGregor.
- Miller is the godfather of Jude Law’s eldest son, Rafferty Law (b. October 6, 1996).
Featured Image by Maximilian Bühn / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0