|Jordan Belfort Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||July 9, 1962|
Jordan Belfort is an American author, motivational speaker, and former stockbroker who is best known for founding Stratton Oakmont, an over-the-counter brokerage house, in 1989. A decade later, in 1999, he had pled guilty to fraud and related crimes in connection with stock-market manipulation. After giving testimony against numerous partners and subordinates in his fraud scheme, he had served 22 months of a 4-year sentence in exchange for a plea deal with the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
Jordan Ross Belfort
The Wolf of Wall Street
The Bronx, New York City, New York, United States
Beverly Hills, Los Angeles County, California, United States
Jordan, after his high school graduation, had joined American University, a private, research university in Washington, D.C. He had graduated from there with a degree in biology. He had later enrolled himself in the School of Dentistry, the dental school of the University of Maryland, a public university in Baltimore, Maryland. He had, however, dropped out of the institution on his very first day there. This was after the dean had told him that becoming a dentist was no longer as lucrative a proposition as it once used to be.
Author, Motivational Speaker, Former Stockbroker
- Father – Max Belfort (Former Accountant)
- Mother – Leah Belfort (Former Accountant)
- Siblings – Robert Belfort (Older Brother)
Jordan Belfort’s net worth had been -$100 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jordan has dated –
- Denise Lombardo (1985–1991) – Jordan had married Denise Lombardo in 1985. They got divorced in 1991 while he was running the Stratton Oakmont business.
- Nadine Caridi (1991–2005) – Jordan had married English model Nadine Caridi in 1991 in a lavish ceremony in Manhattan Beach, California. They have 2 children together – a daughter named Chandler Belfort (b. July 29, 1993) and a son named Carter Belfort (b. August 15, 1996). They had parted ways in 2005 following Nadine’s claims of domestic violence and infidelity, which were exacerbated by Jordan’s problems with drug addiction.
- Cristina Invernizzi (2019-Present)
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Ashkenazi Jewish descent.
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped, side-parted hair
- Clean-shaven look
Jordan Belfort Facts
- Jordan, after his high school graduation and before he had joined college, had set up a business through which he used to sell Italian ice from styrofoam coolers to people at a local beach. The venture had seen him earn nearly USD 20k. He had planned to use this money to pay for dental school.
- He had later become a door-to-door meat and seafood salesman in Long Island, New York. Although the business was an initial success, selling about 5,000 pounds of beef and fish a week, he had ultimately filed for bankruptcy around the age of 25.
- He had published his memoir, titled The Wolf of Wall Street, in 2007. The book was adapted into a film with the same name and was released in 2013. His character was portrayed by Leonardo DiCaprio who went to win a Golden Globe Award in the category of ‘Best Actor’.
- Jordan is an avid tennis player, as depicted in the final scenes of the film.
Featured Image by Jordan Belfort / Instagram