|Josh Gad Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||February 23, 1981|
Josh Gad is an American actor and singer who is best known for his work in films such as The Rocker (2008), Love & Other Drugs (2010), Ice Age: Continental Drift (2012), Frozen (2013), Jobs (2013), The Angry Birds Movie (2016), and Murder on the Orient Express (2017). He is also well recognized for portraying characters such as Ryan Church in the sitcom Back to You (2007-2008), Mondo in the adult animated sitcom Good Vibes (2011), Skip Gilchrist in the political sitcom 1600 Penn (2012-2013), Josh in the comedy TV series The Comedians (2015), and Herman Judd in the science-fiction comedy TV series Avenue 5 (2020-Present).
Joshua Ilan Gad
Hollywood, Broward County, Florida, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Josh had graduated, in 1999, from the University School of Nova Southeastern University (NSU), an independent, college preparatory school in Davie, Florida. He had then joined the Carnegie Mellon College of Fine Arts (CFA), in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. He had graduated from there in 2003 with a Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) degree in drama. While there, he had also undertaken a semester-long exchange program at the National Institute of Dramatic Art (NIDA), Australia’s leading center for training in the performing arts.
- Father – Sam (Shmuel) Gad
- Mother – Susan Gad (Real Estate Agent)
- Siblings – Jason Gad (Older Brother). He has another older brother.
- Others – He has a stepfather who is an investment advisor. He has a stepbrother and a stepsister. Joseph Greenblatt (Maternal Grandfather), Evelyn Rosenberg (Maternal Grandmother)
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
90 kg or 198.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Josh has dated –
- Ida Darvish (2007-Present) – Josh had started dating actress, writer, and producer Ida Darvish in 2007, and the couple got married on May 10, 2008. They have 2 daughters together named Ava Tanya Gad (b. August 3, 2011) and Isabella Eve Gad (b. February 17, 2014).
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Asian and White)
He is of Afghan Jewish descent on his father’s side and Ashkenazi Jewish (Polish) descent on his mother’s side.
- Bulky, stocky frame
- Affable smile
- Often sports a light stubble
- Short-cropped, frizzy, curly hair
Josh Gad Facts
- While he was studying at the University School of Nova Southeastern University (NSU), Josh had won the National Forensics League (NFL) National Tournament Championships twice – for ‘Original Oratory’ in 1998, and for ‘Humorous Interpretation and Original Oratory’ in 1999.
- At the Carnegie Mellon College of Fine Arts (CFA), he was a classmate of fellow future Broadway stars Leslie Odom Jr. and Rory O’Malley. He had even based his portrayal of the character of Olaf, in the Frozen film franchise, around the quirky mannerisms of Rory O’Malley in real life.
- In May 2009, he had joined the iconic American late-night talk and news satire TV program The Daily Show. He was made a regular correspondent in the early days of June but did not last long in the role as he had left the show by the end of that month.
- During the peak of the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020, he had launched a YouTube series titled Reunited Apart, through which he would assemble together, via video conferencing, the cast of several popular movies.
Featured Image by Josh Gad / Instagram