|Kalki Koechlin Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||January 10, 1984|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Kalki Koechlin is a French actress and writer who is known for her work in the Hindi film industry as she has been cast in movies like Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani, Dev.D, The Film Emotional Atyachar, A Death in the Gunj, Ek Thi Daayan, Margarita with a Straw, My Friend Pinto, Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara, Jia Aur Jia, Azmaish: A Journey Through the Subcontinent, That Girl in Yellow Boots, and Mantra. She has also been a recipient of a National Film Award for her work in Margarita with a Straw, a 2014 Indian Hindi-language drama film.
Kalki Koechlin studied at Hebron School, a boarding school in Ooty. Later, she got enrolled at Goldsmiths, University of London and studied drama.
- Father – Joël Koechlin
- Mother – Françoise Armandie
- Others – Maurice Koechlin (Ancestor) (Structural engineer who played an important role in the design and construction of the Eiffel Tower), Oriel (Younger Paternal Half-Brother). She also has an older maternal half-brother.
Kalki Koechlin has been signed with Artmédia, Talent Agency, Paris, France.
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
53 kg or 117 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kalki Koechlin has dated –
- Anurag Kashyap (2011-2015) – In April 2011, she got married to Indian film director, writer, editor, producer, and actor Anurag Kashyap, after they first met while filming the film Dev.D. However, they issued a joint statement addressing their separation on November 13, 2013, and eventually filed for divorce at a Mumbai family court on May 19, 2015.
- Guy Hershberg – She is in a relationship with Israeli musician Guy Hershberg and she confirmed her pregnancy with her boyfriend on September 30, 2019. The duo was blessed with a daughter named Sappho on February 7, 2020, and she was born through water birth.
Race / Ethnicity
Kalki is of French, German, Polish, and Swiss-German descent.
- Often sports forehead bangs
- Lean frame
Kalki Koechlin has done endorsement work for brands like Coca-Cola, Olay, Micromax, Titan, Grey Goose’s Style du jour, Oriflame, etc.
Kalki Koechlin Facts
- Her parents moved to India from Angers, France, and have been devotees of Sri Aurobindo, an Indian philosopher, yogi, guru, poet, and nationalist. Hence, Kalki spent a significant amount of her early childhood in Auroville.
- Her parents divorced when she was 15 and Koechlin continued living with her mother.
- Kalki’s portrayal of a teenager with cerebral palsy studying at Delhi University in the 2014 film, Margarita with a Straw, won her several accolades.
- In 2016, she co-starred as Mitali (Mimi) in the critically acclaimed drama film, A Death in the Gunj, which was written and directed by Konkona Sen Sharma.
- Initially, she wanted to become a criminal psychologist.
- Alongside Saif Ali Khan, Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Radhika Apte, Pankaj Tripathi, and Ranvir Shorey, Kalki Koechlin co-starred as Batya Abelman in the crime thriller web series, Sacred Games, in 2019. The series is India’s first Netflix original series.
- She is well-versed in Tamil, English, French, and Hindi.
- She has adopted a rescue cat named Dosa.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / bollywoodhungama.com / CC BY 3.0