|Kang Ha-neul Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||February 21, 1990|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Kang Ha-neul is a South Korean actor and stage actor. He has been cast in movies and shows like Dongju: The Portrait of a Poet, Mourning Grave, Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo, The Missing, Punch, When the Camellia Blooms, Misaeng: Incomplete Life, Twenty, River Where The Moon Rises, Angel Eyes, The Heirs, New Trial, To the Beautiful You, Like for Likes, Heung-boo: The Revolutionist, Battlefield Heroes, Forgotten, C’est Si Bon, Waiting for Rain, Empire of Lust, You’re My Pet, I Have a Date with Spring, Hometown Over the Hill, Two Weeks, and Midnight Runners. Kang ranked 23rd in the “Forbes Korea Power Celebrity” annual list in 2020.
Kang Ha-neul, Sky
Busan, South Korea
Kang Ha-neul studied at Chung-Ang University, one of the leading private comprehensive research universities in South Korea.
Actor, Stage Actor
Kang Ha-neul has been signed with –
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Kang Ha-neul is of South Korean descent.
- Fuller lips
- Toned physique
Kang Ha-neul Facts
- His acting career started in musical theatre and his stage credits include playing Prince Hamlet in La Vida, Lee Harvey Oswald/The Balladeer in Assassins, Ernst in Spring Awakening, Jang Young-shil in The Celestial Watch, Paldo in Shinheung Military Academy, Harold in Harold and Maude, and Richard Loeb in Thrill Me.
- In 2011, Kang Ha-neul made his theatrical film debut as Yeon Namsan in the war comedy film Battlefield Heroes, a sequel to the 2003 film Once Upon a Time in a Battlefield.
- He played 8th Prince Wang Wook in the historical romantic drama television series Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo in 2016. For this performance, Kang Ha-neul bagged the SBS Drama Award for “Excellence Award, Actor in a Fantasy Drama”.
- In 2017, he co-starred as Kang Hee-yeol in the action comedy film Midnight Runners.
- On September 11, 2017, he started his mandatory military service at Nonsan Korean Army Training Center. At the completion ceremony on October 24, 2017, he was recognized for his exemplary performance during basic training.
- Kang Ha-neul was appointed as honorary ambassador of the Military Manpower Administration (MMA) on February 22, 2019, and the ceremony took place at the Air Force Hall in Yeongdeungpo, Seoul. As an honorary ambassador, Kang participated in events organized by the MMA until December 2019 and was discharged on May 23, 2019.
- He co-starred as Hwang Yong-sik, a police officer with a strong instinct for finding and beating up criminals, in the romantic comedy thriller television series When the Camellia Blooms in 2019. This role won him several accolades including the Seoul International Drama Award for “Outstanding Korean Actor”, Baeksang Arts Award for “Best Actor – Television”, KBS Drama Award for “Top Excellence Award, Actor”, and Korea First Brand Award for “Best Actor”.
- He was bullied in school for being an overweight child. At one point in time, he weighed more than 100 kg. However, he later decided to work on his physique and has maintained a slim physique.
- Alongside Chun Woo-hee, Kang Ha-neul co-starred as Park Young-ho, a young student taking his second gap year, in the 2021 drama film Waiting for Rain.
Featured Image by HeyDay / tistory.com / CC BY 4.0