Kard is a South Korean co-ed group formed by DSP Media which has comprised of members J.Seph, BM, Somin, and Jiwoo. Since its official debut in July 2017, the group has released a number of tracks, extended plays, and albums that have gained Kard a huge fan base with the group winning the “Rookie Award” and “New Wave Award (Music)” at Asia Artist Awards in 2017 and 2018, respectively.
Seoul, South Korea
K-Pop, EDM, Hip Hop, Tropical House
First Headlining Tour
The group’s embarked on its first headlining tour, Wild Kard Tour, in September 2017, with five European dates in London, Lisbon, Madrid, Milan, and Rotterdam, and five North American dates in Minneapolis; Washington, D.C.; New York City; Miami; and San Francisco.
Kard officially debuted on July 19, 2017, with their extended play Hola Hola and have also released other EPs, albums, and songs such as Ride on the Wind, Way with Words, You & Me, Red Moon, Bomb Bomb, Oh NaNa (feat. Heo Young-ji), Rumor, Don’t Recall, Gunshot, Ah Ee Yah, Living Good, and I Can’t Stop.
- Somin was previously a member of DSP Media’s groups Puretty and April.
- It was planned that J.Seph and BM would make their debut as a duo but the plans changed later.
- Jiwoo trained under FNC Entertainment for 2 years before signing with DSP Media in 2016.
- Kard released its debut extended play, Hola Hola, on July 19, 2017, and it peaked at number #2 on the Gaon Album Chart and at number #3 on the US World Albums chart.
- In 2017, it received the CJ E&M America Award for “Hottest Rookie”.
- The group bagged the “Asia Rising Star Awards” at the 2019 Korea-China Management Awards.
- On August 26, 2020, Kard released its first single album, Way with Words.
Featured Image by FriedC / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0