|Kat DeLuna Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||November 26, 1987|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Kat DeLuna is an American singer, songwriter, and dancer who has released the solo studio albums 9 Lives (2007), Inside Out (2010), and Loading (2016). She is fluent in Spanish and has recorded tracks in both English and Spanish.
Kathleen Emperatriz Amell DeLuna
The Bronx, New York City, New York, United States
Kat had attended Benjamin Franklin Elementary School in Newark, New Jersey. She had later joined the Newark Arts High School, a five-year magnet public school in Newark.
Singer, Songwriter, Dancer
R&B, Hip Hop, Pop, Latin Music, Dance Music, Dancehall
Vocals, Piano, Guitar
- Epic Records
- Republic Records
- eOne Music
- Universal Music Belgium
Kat DeLuna’s net worth had been $1.5 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
55 kg or 121.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kat has dated –
- Jesse Coren
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Dominican descent.
She often tends to dye her hair blonde, silver, platinum, auburn, or light brown.
- Petite frame
- Center-parted, shoulder-length, straight hair
- Freckled face
- Plump lips
Kat DeLuna Facts
- Born to Dominican parents, Kat was brought up primarily in The Bronx, New York City, before her family had returned to the Dominican Republic. She had endured a tough upbringing and was raised mostly in poverty.
- When she was 12 years old, one of her on-stage performances was noticed by multiple Latin Grammy-winning Dominican singer Milly Quezada who was fulsome in her praise for the young talent. Although her family and friends were very supportive of her, it was not until she had returned to the United States, at the age of 14, that she had started to realize her full potential as a singer and the possibility of a career in the music industry.
- While studying at the Newark Arts High School, she and her friends had formed an R&B group called Coquette. During this phase, she would spend most of her time listening to songs performed by musical icons such as Aretha Franklin and Billie Holiday. She would try to imitate those songs, on a daily basis, on her karaoke machine.
- When she was 15 years old, she had entered a karaoke competition sponsored by the beverage manufacturing giant Coca-Cola. She had won the competition by performing her version of the 1973 song I Will Always Love You. During the competition, she had met Cuban salsa singer Rey Ruiz who had urged Kat to trust her talent more than she was doing at that time. This had inspired her to write her own music.
- 2 years later, her group, Coquette, had been the opening act for a concert in New Jersey. In 2006, 2 years later, she had decided to pursue a solo career and was eventually signed by Epic Records.
- She had been an avid collector of porcelain dolls since she was in the 5th grade. One of her dolls is named Alondra after a soap opera.
- At the 2012 Latin Billboard Music Awards, she had won the ‘Dance Club Play Track of the Year’ award and the ‘New International Artist’ award.
Featured Image by Kat DeLuna / Instagram