|Kate DeAraugo Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6.5 in|
|Date of Birth||November 5, 1985|
Kate DeAraugo is an Australian singer-songwriter who came to limelight after winning the Australian Idol in 2005. Her success was followed by her signing to Sony BMG and releasing her debut single Maybe Tonight (2005) that peaked at the number 1 position on the ARIA Charts and achieved platinum status. She gained further popularity by releasing her debut album A Place I’ve Never Been in December 2005 that was also certified platinum. She went on to become a member of the multi-platinum selling girl band named Young Divas, that disbanded in 2008.
Katherine Jenna DeAraugo
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Father – Paul
- Mother – Sue
- Siblings – Alex (Younger Brother), Eliza (Younger Sister)
She is represented by Utopian Management.
5 ft 6.5 in or 169 cm
58 kg 128 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Portuguese descent.
She often tends to dye her hair in different shades.
- Shapely lips
- Expressive eyes
- Tattoo on her right hand
She has endorsed or promoted several brands such as Ray-Ban.
Kate DeAraugo Favorite Things
- Has Been Grateful To – Her mentor Venetta Fields, from whom she took singing lessons
- Supporter Of – Foundations like Lifeline, having been a strong advocate of anti-bullying
Source – Facebook
Kate DeAraugo Facts
- She used to be a swimming teacher before attaining stardom.
- She had auditioned for Australian Idol, in the 1st as well as the 2nd seasons. After that, she had traveled from Bendigo in Victoria to the Gold Coast in Queensland for singing lessons with Venetta Fields, ultimately moving to Queensland where she auditioned for the 3rd season of the competition in 2005, finally coming through with flying colors.
- Kate was in her hometown during the “Black Saturday” bushfires on February 7, 2009, and had witnessed the devastation first hand while being struck by the compassionate community spirit of the people from Bendigo as well as the surrounding townships. This led to her organizing a free event to show gratitude to the whole community for their support. She had quickly put up a rock concert with legendary Australian acts donating their time to attend and perform. Kate being the event organizer along with performing multiple times during the day has gushed about the experience to be one of her proudest moments as an artist.
- She has often communicated with her fans on her official message board.
- She has owned a pet bird named Kev.
Featured Image by Kate DeAraugo / Instagram