|Kayla McBride Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||June 25, 1992|
Kayla McBride is an American professional basketball player who has represented San Antonio Stars (renamed as Las Vegas Aces in 2018) in the Women’s National Basketball Association (WNBA). In her debut season, in 2014, she had led the Stars in terms of scoring which was 3rd-best among all rookies in that season, and consequently, she was named unanimously in the year’s WNBA ‘All-Rookie Team’. She has been selected in the WNBA ‘All-Star Team’ in 2015, 2018, and 2019. During the WNBA off-season, she has represented clubs around the world such as Uniqa Sopron (2014–2015) in Hungary, Nadezhda Orenburg (2015–2016) in Russia, Yakın Doğu Üniversitesi (2016–2017) in Turkey, and UMMC Ekaterinburg (2018–2019) in Russia. In 2017, she had won the Turkish Cup with Yakın Doğu Üniversitesi. At the international level, she was an integral member of the United States squad that won the 2010 FIBA (Fédération Internationale de Basketball) Americas Under-18 Championship For Women. The triumph had helped the United States qualify directly for the 2011 FIBA Under-19 Women’s World Championship.
Erie, Erie County, Pennsylvania, United States
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Kayla had graduated from the Villa Maria Academy, a private high school in Erie, Pennsylvania. She then joined, in 2010, the University of Notre Dame, a private Catholic research university in Indiana, and graduated in 2014 from its Mendoza College of Business with a degree in marketing.
Professional Basketball Player
- Father – Lamont McBride
- Mother – LuAnn McBride
- Siblings – Karlee McBride (Younger Sister) (Basketball Player), Jayden McBride (Younger Sister), Aaron McBride (Younger Brother)
21 – Las Vegas Aces
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
79 kg or 174 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Toned physique
- Long, straight hair
- Has moles on her neck and chin
- Charming smile
- Has a spotted patch on her right arm
Kayla has been sponsored by the sports goods manufacturing giant Nike.
Kayla McBride Facts
- During her high school career, Kayla had helped the Villa Maria Academy to Pennsylvania Class AA state titles in 2009 and 2010. She was named the ‘Pennsylvania Class AA Player of the Year’ in both those years. In her freshman year, in the 2006-07 season, she was named as ‘Western Pennsylvania’s Freshman of the Year’.
- While playing for the University of Notre Dame, she led the university’s team, the Fighting Irish, to the ‘final four’ stage of the NCAA (National Collegiate Athletic Association) Championship in all 4 years (2011-2014) which included 3 appearances in the championship match (2011, 2012, 2014).
- Owing to her collegiate performances, she was picked 3rd overall in the first round of the 2014 WNBA draft by the San Antonio Stars.
- With Turkish club Yakın Doğu Üniversitesi, she won the 2016–17 EuroCup Women’s Championship, the second-caliber professional basketball league in Europe. This was the club’s 1st such title.
Featured Image by Kayla McBride / Instagram