|Keak Da Sneak Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||October 21, 1977|
Keak Da Sneak is an American rapper and songwriter who is widely known for making up the term “hyphy” in 1994 that has stood for the hip hop music and culture related to the Oakland area. He has released numerous albums including The Farm Boyz (2002). Keak has garnered more than 100k followers on Instagram.
Charles Kente Williams né Bowens
Keak Da Sneak
Brewton, Alabama, United States
He went to Allendale Elementary School.
Hip Hop, Hyphy
- Entertainment One Ltd.
- Koch Entertainment
- Thizz Entertainment
- Moe Doe
His net worth was $400 thousand according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft or 183 cm
80 kg or 176 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Dee Bowens – He tied the knot with former clothing designer Dee Bowens on February 14, 2004. They separated for a number of years and reconnected later on.
Note – He has 4 kids.
Race / Ethnicity
- Beard and trimmed mustache
- Pierced ears
- Tall stature
Keak Da Sneak Favorite Things
- Musicians While Growing Up – A lot of West Coast artists like Big Daddy Kane
Source – Pitchfork.com
Keak Da Sneak Facts
- He hails from Oakland in California.
- Keak has pointed out that there are many definitions to “hyphy” with one of his personal definitions of the term having been to mean to turn a negative into a positive, that has been just the way of life, what he and his community have done and the way they have had fun. The word has originally come from “hyperactive,” and Keak has noticed that he has seemed to have ADHD as he has been unable to remain still.
- He has believed that rapping is a release of the good and the bad, which is how he has liked to define hyphy. He has added that one cannot get hyphy in, for instance, a business environment. He has seen hyphy to be energy.
- Keak has stated that he has not been like the typical rappers and has instead, liked to sign autographs, talk with his fans, and let them touch him. He has liked to focus on his fans, and not checks, and had fallen in love with making the music.
- He has created 3 songs per day having made the beats and the lyrics himself. He has always been ready. He has recollected having written the verse in Tell Me When to Go in only five minutes having just come up with it and asked for the track to be recorded.
- Keak has stated that in his songs he has talked about what exactly is happening at the moment. He has revealed that he has learned everything from real-life experience, all being first-hand and all of it has come from the heart.
- Keak has disclosed that after recording a number he has given it the “hyphy test”. He has been his biggest critic having ensured there are no flaws when his music is heard. When he has thought it might be ready, he has jumped into his car, having preferred it to have some bump and gone to corner stores, youngsters in the neighborhood and played it for anyone. If they have got into it and has a reaction, the song passes the hyphy exam. It should make the listener want to instantly move and dance.
Featured Image by Keak Da Sneak / Instagram