|Kim Elba Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||April 5, 1977|
|Spouse||Pastor Andrew L. Friar, II|
Hanne Norgaard aka Kim Elba is an American-British makeup artist widely known for being the first wife of famous English actor and musician Idris Elba.
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
She studied Esthetics and Makeup Artistry at S.C. Institute in Washington DC, from 2004 to 2006, and completed a Diploma course. She enrolled at the International Artist Makeup Academy in London and finished her graduation with honors in Makeup Artistry, in 1992.
Makeup Artist, Advisor
Kim is represented by Trea Day Management & Publicity.
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
61 kg or 134.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kim Elba has dated –
- Idris Elba (1999-2003) – Norgaard and Idris tied the knot in 1999. Their marriage lasted until 2003. They have a daughter named Isan Elba, who was born in 2002.
- Pastor Andrew L. Friar, II (2013-Present) – After remaining single for a decade, Norgaard married Pastor Andrew L. Friar, II, in 2013.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Black and Asian)
She has African-American ancestry on her father’s side and South Korean ancestry on her mother’s side.
She often tends to dye her hair ‘blonde’.
- Bright eyes
- Thin eyebrows
- Cheerful smile
Kim Elba Favorite Things
- Food – Sweet Desserts like Ice-cream and Baked Apple Pie, Thin Pizza, Korean Food
- Beverage – Coffee, Mocktails
- Subject – Beauty, Fashion
- Part Of Nature – The Ocean
- Attitude – To speak good about others and not to gossip
- Fetish – Pink Pom Pom Shoes
- Pet – Her daughter’s pet dog Dillinger
Source – Instagram, Instagram, Instagram, Instagram, Instagram, Instagram, Instagram, Instagram, Instagram, Instagram, Instagram
Kim Elba Facts
- Norgaard is of Afro-Asian lineage and has termed her descent as Blasian in her social media account.
- She began her career as a model when she was in her teens.
- She got a job with the BBC soon after completing her graduation in 1992.
- In 1993, Norgaard got a job offer from film production house Columbia Tristar, London, where she worked as the chief make-up artist for some of the big Columbia Tristar projects.
- After Norgaard and Idris Elba got married, they shifted to New York in 1999, where she made good progress in her career, working for films, television shows, fashion shows as well as magazine shoots.
- She started participating in the My Black is Beautiful event in 2009 as a make-up artist and advisor. The event celebrates the color black and aims to change stereotypes of the meaning of beauty in society.
- Norgaard has stated that God gave her Pastor Andrew L. Friar, II as a special gift. Together, they have been running the Heart Strong Ministry in Georgia. The mission of the ministry is to assist people in making “Heart decisions” which bring them nearer to the Almighty.
- In 2007, she started her own business called Make up Your Mind, which has been providing a variety of make-up requirements.
- Her own make-up brand is called Kim Elba Cosmetics, which offers cosmetics that are free of paraben or cruelty.
- She has worked with top make-up brands such as Sean Combs, Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein, etc.
- Her client list has included the cream of Hollywood society such as Robin Williams, Hugh Laurie, and Geena Davis.
- Norgaard is a firm believer that every face is unique and beautiful and the goal of make-up is to bring out and enhance that beauty.
- She can speak English and Danish fluently.
- Norgaard was honored with the BAFTA Lifetime Achievement Award in November 2016.
- In an interview with People magazine in 2019, Norgaard’s daughter Isan Elba informed that Norgaard was diagnosed with bipolar depression and chronic anxiety and has been mentally ill.
Featured Image by Kim Elba / Instagram