|Kimberly Elise Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||April 17, 1967|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Kimberly Elise is an American film and television actress who has given a number of praiseworthy on-screen performances which include Maureen Scofield in Close to Home, Sonya Carson in Gifted Hands: The Ben Carson Story, Helen Simmons-McCarte in Diary of a Mad Black Woman, Estella in Soul Food, Crystal Wallace/Lady in Brown in For Colored Girls, Sloane Hayes in Hit the Floor, Janelle in A Day Late and a Dollar Short, Denver in Beloved, Fannie in Bojangles, Michelle Jordan in Woman Thou Art Loosed, and Denise Archibald in John Q.
Kimberly Elise Trammel
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
Kimberly Elise got enrolled at the American Film Institute and then attended the University of Minnesota from where she graduated with a BA degree in Mass Communications.
- Father – Marvin Trammel (Owner of an Executive Search Firm)
- Mother – Erma Jean (née Johnson) (Elementary School Teacher)
- Siblings – She has 3 siblings.
Kimberly Elise is represented by Untitled Entertainment, Talent Management Company, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kimberly Elise has dated –
- Maurice Oldham (1989-2005) – She married Maurice Oldham in 1989 and they were blessed with 2 daughters, namely, AjaBleu Oldham (b. June 25, 1990) and Butterfly Rose Oldham (b. October 19, 1998). The duo divorced in 2005 and later, in 2007, Oldham died from a “massive blood clot”.
- Shemar Moore (2004-2005) – She had a short-lived romance with actor and former fashion model Shemar Moore between 2004 and 2005.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of African-American descent and her roots trace back to the Songhai people (an ethnic group in West Africa).
Kimberly Elise Facts
- She made her theatrical film debut by playing the role of Tisean “T.T.” Williams in the 1996 crime action heist film, Set It Off, in which she co-starred alongside Jada Pinkett and Queen Latifah.
- Alongside the likes of Oprah Winfrey and Thandie Newton, Kimberly Elise co-starred as Denver in the 1998 psychological horror film, Beloved. For this performance, she bagged the Chicago Film Critics Association Award for “Most Promising Actress” and Satellite Award for “Best Supporting Actress – Motion Picture”.
- From 2005 to 2007, she appeared as a series regular in the crime drama television series, Close to Home. She was cast on the show as Maureen Scofield and this role won her the NAACP Image Award for “Outstanding Actress in a Drama Series” in 2006.
- Kimberly Elise is a vegan.
- She has also been a supporter of PETA.
Featured Image by Red Carpet Report on Mingle Media TV / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0