|Krist Novoselic Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||May 16, 1965|
|Spouse||Darbury Ayn Stenderu|
Krist Novoselic is a renowned American musician, activist, songwriter, author, and director. He is known for being the bassist and the backing vocals of the alternative rock band Nirvana. After Nirvana, he formed bands like Sweet 75 and Eyes Adrift. He has a BSc degree in social sciences from Washington State University.
Krist Anthony Novoselic
Compton, California, United States
Deep River, Washington, United States
Krist Novoselic studied at Aberdeen High School in Washington. In 2016, he obtained a BSc degree in social sciences from Washington State University.
Musician, Activist, Songwriter, Author, Director
- Father – Kristo Novoselić
- Mother – Marija Novoselić
- Siblings – Robert Novoselić (Younger Brother), Diana Novoselić (Younger Sister)
Grunge, Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, Alternative Rock, Punk Rock, Post-Punk, Sludge Metal, Cowpunk
Vocals, Bass, Guitar, Accordion, Organ
- Sub Pop
- Giants in the Trees
6 ft 7 in or 201 cm
98 kg or 216 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Krist Novoselic has dated –
- Shelli Dilley (1989-1999) – The couple got married on December 30, 1989. In 1999, their divorce was finalized.
- Darbury Ayn Stenderu (2004-Present) – They tied the knot on February 27, 2004. They are blessed with 2 children.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Croatian descent.
Krist Novoselic Facts
- In Croatian, his last name means “new settler”.
- He was one of the founding members of the alternative rock band, Nirvana.
- In 2004, he published his book Of Grunge and Government.
- On April 4, 2002, Krist became an FAA licensed pilot.
- In 2006, he hosted the Saturday night radio program as DJ K-No on a community radio station, KMUN in Astoria, Oregon.
- It was around 1980, while he was in Yugoslavia that he first came across punk rock and started listening to bands like S*x Pistols, Ramones, and a few local punk rock bands.
- Growing up, he was a fan of Led Zeppelin, Devo, Black Sabbath, and Aerosmith.
- At the age of 11 or 12, he bought his first record of Beatles singles collection.
- The top 3 songs he is embarrassed to admit that he loves and know all the lyrics are Mississippi by Pussycat, Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep by Middle of the Road, and The Winner Takes It All by Abba.
- According to him, the components of a good song are the verse, chorus, bridge, outro, maybe a solo, and a hook.
- If he was stuck on a desert island, the one book, one record, and one food that he would carry is a manual on how to build a boat, Nevermind by Nirvana, and a bean burrito with cheese, sour cream, and lettuce.
- His 4 guests that would complete his perfect dinner party include former Nirvana members Dave Grohl and Pat Smear, Kurt Cobain, and his wife, Darbury.
- He would want Frank Sinatra’s song My Way to be played at his funeral.
- His influencers for playing bass guitar include Paul McCartney, Geezer Butler, John Entwistle, and Gene Simmons.
- In the past, he created a PAC named JAMPAC (Joint Artists and Musicians Political Action Committee).
Featured Image by Joe Mabel / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0