|Kuldeep Yadav Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||December 14, 1994|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Kuldeep Yadav is an Indian cricketer who is best known for his rare left-arm unorthodox spin bowling. He is also the first to represent India and the third to take 4 wickets on his debut Test format match. With time, he has also amassed a huge fan base with more than 600k followers on Facebook, more than 1 million followers on Twitter, and more than 1.5 million followers on Instagram.
Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India
- Father – Ram Singh Yadav (Businessman)
- Mother – Usha Yadav
- Siblings – Anita Yadav (Older Sister), Anushka Singh Yadav (Younger Sister), He has 1 other older sister.
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Curly hair
- Sports a thin mustache
- Round face shape
Through his social media, Kuldeep has endorsed or promoted various brands such as Adidas, Daniel Wellington, and Gillette.
Kuldeep Yadav Favorite Things
Source – ESPNcricinfo
Kuldeep Yadav Facts
- His hometown is Chandar Nagar, Kanpur.
- Kuldeep had aspired to become a professional cricketer from an early age. However, he began playing when he was 11 years old.
- Yadav was obsessed with bowling that, he would do the same in his sleep.
- He once stated that, if he did not become a cricketer, he would commit suicide. Yadav was 13 years old at the time.
- His father Ram ran a brick klin business. It was him who encouraged Kuldeep to continue playing the sport and also introduced to him cricket coach Kapil Pandey.
- He is a huge fan of cricketer Wasim Akram and also admires cricketer Zaheer Khan.
- Initially, Kuldeep had wanted to be a left-arm seamer. However, his coach insisted that he become a wrist-spin bowler after noticing his natural ability to turn and twist the ball.
- Kuldeep perfected his style through bowling footages of Australian cricketer Shane Warne.
- In the past, Kuldeep was declined by Uttar Pradesh’s under-15 team which sent him into partial depression.
- He was a member of “Mumbai Indians” in 2012 but did not get a chance to play even a single game.
- In 2014, he became the first Indian cricketer to take a hat-trick in U-19 World Cup.
- During the 2018 IPL auction, the Kolkata Knight Riders bought him for an astounding INR 5.8 crore.
- He is the 3rd ever bowler to take a hat-trick in an ODI. He achieved this feat in September 2017.
- In 2019, Kuldeep was left in tears in the match between Kolkata Knight Riders and Royal Challengers Bangalore after cricketer Moeen Ali smashed 3 sixes and 2 fours in his last over.
- He practices bowling 2 to 3 hours a day.
- His style of bowling is referred to as Chinaman bowling and he is the first that the India national team has in 82 years.
- If he had not been a cricketer, he would have aspired to become a pilot.
- He loves to watch The Shawshank Redemption (1994) over and over again.
- When asked who he wanted to date, he named, actress Jacqueline Fernandez.
Featured Image By Kuldeep Yadav / Instagram