|Laila Robins Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||March 14, 1959|
Laila Robins is an American film, stage, and television actress who started her career in 1987 in the hit film Planes, Trains and Automobiles (1987). Thereafter, she was cast in more than 2 dozen shows and films that include Live Nude Girls (1995), True Crime (1999), She’s Lost Control (2014), Eye in the Sky (2015), Gabriel’s Fire (1990-1991), Homeland (2014), and Murder in the First (2015).
St. Paul, Minnesota, United States
New York City, New York, United States
Laila graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Classical Piano from the University of Wisconsin–Eau Claire in 1981.
Thereafter, she attended Yale School of Drama from where she attained her Masters in Fine Arts.
- Father – Jānis Robiņš (Researcher)
- Mother – Brigita Švarcs
- Siblings – She has three sisters.
Laila is represented by Paradigm Talent Agency.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
64 kg or 141 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Laila’s name has been linked with –
- Robert Cuccioli (2000-Present) – Laila is in a relationship with Tony Award-nominated actor Robert Cuccioli. The couple has been together since the year 2000. They also co-starred alongside one another at the Shakespeare Theatre of New Jersey in the production of Macbeth as the titular characters.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Latvian ancestry on both her mother and father’s side.
- Downward shaped eyes
- High forehead
Laila Robins Favorite Things
- Books – Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy, Rules of Civility by Amor Towles, The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
- Movies – Raging Bull (1980), It’s a Wonderful Life (1946), American Beauty (1999)
- Plays – A Streetcar Named Desire, Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf
- Musicals – Next to Normal, Guys and Dolls
Source – Pop Culturist
Laila Robins Facts
- She was raised in a large family of 6 alongside her 3 other sisters.
- Her parents migrated to the United States much before she was born.
- Laila’s father worked as a research chemist.
- Her last name Robins was originally spelled as “Robiņš.”
- Laila made her first stage appearance in Peer Gynt at the Williamstown Theatre Festival.
- In the past, she served at the Theatre at Hope College as a department chair.
- Laila made her debut theatrical film appearance along with the likes of distinguished actors Steve Martin and John Candy in Planes, Trains and Automobiles in 1987.
- She made her debut TV show appearance as Cindy Claussen in The Equalizer in 1988.
- Laila starred in her first Broadway production as Annie in The Real Thing.
- Despite her age, Laila has managed to sport a lean athlete like physique in 2019.
- Some of her most notable appearances to date are Planes, Trains and Automobiles (1987), Live Nude Girls (1995), True Crime (1999), She’s Lost Control (2014), Eye in the Sky (2015) Gabriel’s Fire (1991), Homeland (2014), and Murder in the First (2015).
- Along the way, Liala has worked with many distinguished stars like Tom Selleck, Winona Ryder, Dana Delany, Kim Cattrall, Cynthia Stevenson, Olivia d’Abo, and Helen Mirren.
- She is a huge fan of the work of playwright Lucas Hnath. She once wrote him a fan letter on Facebook after watching his play The Christians.
- If she were to get the chance, Laila would like to play the character of Arkadina in Chekhov’s The Seagull and Mary Tyrone in O’Neill’s Long Day’s Journey into Night.
- The last show that she binge-watched in July 2018, was The Handmaid’s Tale.
- She loves to listen to songs by singer and songwriter Joni Mitchell.
Featured Image By Waytofamous.com